Luminar 4.1.0 - How to Update?

Pinned Featured

Comments

7 comments

Chris Robison

I successfully downloaded the update.  Installed. The update seems to work better overall - speed improvements, clone and stamp tool doesn't grind to a halt.  Browsing seems a bit snappier too.  

Comment actions Permalink
    Peter Gladstein

Do you need to uninstall 4.0.0 first?

Chris Robison

The instructions mention it, but I did not uninstall before updating.  No issues that I can see.

Anastasia Davis

Peter Gladstein It is recommended to do so. Otherwise, you will end up with two versions of the same app.

G Mitchell

I successfully downloaded the update here in the USA. I did not uninstall the previous ver of 4, I just allowed it to replace it. Loading and browsing of the catalogue seems to be quicker. I did a test process making multiple adjustments one right after the other at a fast pace in a deliberate attempt to push the limits. The fan on my MacBook Pro did kick in for a bit but did not freeze or lock up. There was definitely some effective work done in the code to stabilize and speed things up.  

Christopher Hand

I can not get 4.1 to update. I am on Windows 10. after trying to update and it did nothing, I deleted the current Luminar 4 and restarted the computer and re-downloaded the set-up, but it still does not install. In the Task Manager, it just sits under running in the background, I tried to prioritize it, but still nothing!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Christopher,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so our techs can investigate the issue. Thanks in advance!

Please sign in to leave a comment.