Premature closing of threads

Answered

Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Anastasia Davis

Hi! Please note that we close threads only when the question is answered or the post has a similar topic as other existing posts. Also, an investigation of the issue is much more efficient if our support team is communicating with users via vie emails. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Colin Grant

Spot on Steve. It is almost as if they do not want people discussing the issues. But that does not work as everyone just jumps across to Facebook.

Steve Ratts

Thanks Colin.

Honestly, I really want them to succeed. I know I can get critical of them at times - but it's really just frustration surfacing when they don't seem to listen or go do crazy things that don't make sense. I imagine someone came up with this bright idea of marking threads as "Answered" and closing them for further comments as a means to try to keep a lid on such comments - but how will they get a proper sense of what's wrong and how many users they're affecting if they just try to silence discussion?

For that matter I've seen situations where there is a workaround that the official skylum rep either doesn't know about or didn't mention, and a user is able to chime in and help. E.g. adding user sky photos.

Kim Austin

@...
    Yes, they did it to a me when I asked a question about an unannounced update to the update. Answered it eventually and turned off comments. I asked in the Skylum FB page and got chastised for asking a question without an image attached. Pathetic customer service.  It's not like I was putting L4 down, just enquiring about the update...how to get someone offside in one easy comment. Sheesh!

Alan Marks

This just happened to me as well. Terrible way to run a community forum. My problem was definitely not solved. And i said in the thread how much I like Luminar.

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006205719-Importing-Photos

Please sign in to leave a comment.