Disappointing Performance w/ iMac Pro

Answered

Comments

4 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,
    I have replied under this thread regarding the performance issues and what to do:
    https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006599380-Luminar-4-and-GPU-usage

Also, a new performance update is planned to be released pretty soon. Please, stay tuned!

Comment actions Permalink
    Per Grunditz

That sounds very strange. I have an iMac (not Pro) and I find Luminar 4 (4.0.0) quite fast. Most tools work more or less instantaneously. I'm using Luminar 4 as a Photoshop plugin and edit 16-bit 30 megapixel images.

Jay Maynard

I wish that was my experience but it seems mine is very common after reading some other reviews. In fact Skyrim has stated that they hadn’t been focusing on performance as much as features and it’s still something they’re working on. If I want to use the erase or clone and stamp tools after applying my presets it can take hours to do what I could get done in photoshop in just a few minutes. This tool is just not what I thought it was.

Per Grunditz

Let's hope that the upcoming 4.1 performance update will be released soon and that it addresses your problems! Haven't tested " the erase or clone and stamp tools" in Luminar. I do that type of editing in Photoshop.

Post is closed for comments.