Luminar 4 Crashes Repeatedly

Answered

Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Elena Blum

Hi,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs. Please send us a detailed step-by-step description of what you do in the software before encountering the issue. You can also make a screen recording. You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

In case the issue leads to a crash, send us event logs at www.skylum.com/support :

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to this email.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Vita Bergman

Hi David!

Please make sure that your computer meets all the technical requirements listed here:

https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/technical-requirements

We are aware of the performance issues, and they are going to be fixed in the upcoming update.

Geoffrey Hahn

I'm just purely curious here.  Why did you purchase the program without first testing it out?  There is a full functioning trial available for exactly this purpose, after all.  I'm not trying to be critical of your decision, as I stated up front, I'm just purely curious.

John F

Geoffrey Hahn For those who preordered, there was no trial version to test.

Agreed. I also preordered Luminar 4 and have the same issues with crashing. I was told to wait for the update. Hopefully, the update fixes the issue. 

Steve Busic

Ditto here.  I pre-ordered Luminar4 and am now experiencing the same crash issue as others. I'm running the most current versions of 4 other photography applications on my system including Adobe programs without any problems or lags.  Luminar is the ONLY application that is performing in a sub-par manner.  VERY disappointed with this purchase thus far.  Desperately hoping for critical improvements/updates from Skylum ASAP.

Barry Levine

I think I'm having the same issues here. Luminar crashes when I attempt to scroll down then up the left side "list" of thumbnails in my library.

Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, OS Build 18363.535

I wiped my PC clean last week, reinstalled Windows and updated. Even did a separate check for the Nvidia GTX960 video card and found a newer driver for that. Perhaps there's some sort of tweaking I need to do in the Nvidia Settings app? Disable 3D? Grasping at straws here.

Post is closed for comments.