Latest Upgrade

Answered

Comments

3 comments

David Dunk

I don't know about that. 

I am one of the early adopters and had random crashes...and I mean MANY crashes...that I didn't have with 4.0. Deleting Luminar with AppCleaner using the default settings did not resolve the issue because when I re-downloaded from Skylum I got a new copy with the 4.1 update already installed. So, I found a copy of 4.0 through these forums and installed it right on top of 4.1. That worked and I was back to 4.0.

However, I found that it wasn't playing nice with the Apple Photos extension (getting frequent lockups) so I decided to completely uninstall again using AppCleaner but this time made sure all the boxes were checked. Restarted my computer and emptied the trash too.

I downloaded the install file again from Skylum to see what would happen and I got version 4.0. Success. I tested with Apple Photos again and it seems to work ok now.

Now comes the twist.
    When I check to see if there's an update available it now says I have the latest version already. There's no 4.1 available for me. Hmm. I wonder if Skylum has pulled the update because of all the crashing everyone was reporting.

Comment actions Permalink
    Howard Lebowitz

I also see no update to 4.1 - however, one of the tech support people commented in another thread today that 4.1 would be released "very soon." So it seems those who received early either got it by "accident" or it was pulled. They are making no comment about that and pretending it will be coming soon.

David Dunk

It has already been confirmed...the update was pulled. It was a crash nightmare.

Please sign in to leave a comment.