Portrait enhancer suddenly stopped working!

Answered

Comments

6 comments

• Official comment
    Vita Bergman

Hi Colin!

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with Luminar 4. Please reach out to our support team www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ian Murrell

Colin Merritt

Can you clarify, on the images where Portrait Enhancer doesn't work, whether the title "Portrait Enhancer" on the dialogue is showing bright or is remaining dull.

If it shows bright, then the sliders in the dialog should work (they do here) but if it remains dull, the image for some reason is falling outside of what the portrait algorithms in Luminar can handle.

Could you perhaps provide a link to one of the photos where it isn't working for you.?

Gustaw Trzciński

My portrait AI don't work either. I think it never did. Never saw it working. On various photos. Just nothing happens. Sometimes it makes more noise on the photo. That's it.

Ian Murrell

Gustaw Trzciński

As a simple check, if you download the portrait photo by Azamat Zhanisov from https://unsplash.com/photos/wO4gtmdlW5Y you should find that almost every slider in the Portrait Enhancer gives a clear response. (Obviously there is no red eye to correct)

If it doesn't work for you on that photo, then perhaps try a clean re-install. 

Gustaw Trzciński

Ian, I've checked portrait enhancer on photo by Azamat Zhanisov. It works. Then I exported one of my photos to jpg. Photo enhancer worked also. Conclusion is that the photo enhancer works with jpg files not raw files. But I don't use jpg. I'm shooting raw photos to edit raw photos.

Anna V

Hi Gustav, 

The Portrait Enhancer works both on RAWs and JPEGs. 

Please contact us via support as suggested and we will be glad to assist. 

Post is closed for comments.