Saving settings only in AuroraHDR 2019 for Windows

Answered

Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Juraj,

The option to not save the original resources is only available on Mac at this time. Furthermore, saving the original resource with the file is highly recommended so that the edits and image do not because accidentally unlinked (such as by moving the original file to a different location).

Comment actions Permalink
    Juraj Zimányi

Hi Angela,

thank you for your reply.

I'm wondering why the Windows version is crippled and does not contain all features available to Mac users. Are there any technical limitation why the feature of saving settings only can not be implemented in Windows version of AuroraHDR?

When it comes to saving original resources, I really don't worry about moving / losing original files. My photo library is well organized. This is not an issue for me. Should I ever lose my original photos due to a physical failure I will also lose saved AUH files along with them. All I want is the ability to store the settings only - either for later review or for applying them to another pictures. Saving a copy of original resources is really a wrong way for doing so. It takes long time to save them and it's a real waste of hardrive space. A typical AUH file is about 3-4 times as big as all original brackets together.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Juraj,

Many of the differences between the Mac and Windows versions are due to the differences in the operating systems. However, we're continually working to bring both versions as close to parity as possible.

For the use you describe, I think that saving Looks would be more useful, especially if you want to use the same settings on multiple images. One thing you can do is to create Looks for a set of images, and then go to File > Show Looks Folder and then create a subfolder elsewhere with those Looks. That way they aren't cluttering up your User Looks category, but you can still find/access them later if desired. They will also take up far less space than an AUH file. I hope that helps!

Please sign in to leave a comment.