Has Support Helped Anyone with Sky Replacement?

Answered

Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Ron,

We have replied to your email yesterday.

It looks like Luminar can't detect the sky here because it's too small relative to the canvas.

If you crop the photo and add it to Luminar once again, the tool works just fine.

I'll be sure to report the issue to our developers so they could continue improving our sky detection algorithms.

Roy,

As always - thanks so much for your assistance.

Comment actions Permalink
    Lloyd O'Daniel

Only if Skylum doesn't close the thread before anyone can reply. They do not seem to want users to communicate with each other these days.

Roy Blackwell

Some possibilities:

1) I do not believe it has anything to do with your Windows version. That said, I always recommend that everyone keep their OS updated. Latest version of Win10 is 1909.

2) Sky replacement only works on the base layer or a stamped layer. It does not work on an adjustment layer. If on an adjustment layer, the option will be grayed out.

3) If the tone difference between foreground and sky is small, the AI may not be able to detect the sky or it may bleed over into the foreground. In the first case, the option will be grayed out.

4) If there is not enough sky for the AI to work with, the option will be grayed out.

Additonal information:

Luminar 4 User Manual
    https://manual.skylum.com

Sky Replacement
    https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/ai-sky-replacement-tool

Roy Blackwell

State your issue here, in sufficient detail, and perhaps another user can offer some assistance.

Ron Lute

I did the update 10 days ago. I wanted to do sky replacement on some images. The first one worked but now I cannot get any others to work. I am doing an Export with Preset /Edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments from Lightroom. I go to do the Sky Replacement and it is grayed out. All other areas in Luminar seem to be ok, just not the Sky Replacement. I click back to LR and see at top left - Uploading one photo to Luminar 4 and it shows the progress bar with no start. I am using the latest Lightroom Classic CC and Windows 10.

Bengt Håkansson

Check your windows 10 version. You must have 1903 or 1909. I had 1809 and have the problem update to 1903 and sky replacement works

Ron Lute

I actually have Windows 10 Pro and version is 1903

Please sign in to leave a comment.