Flex in 2020

Answered

Comments

8 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Dann,

We used to have two solutions for our customers: Luminar Flex for those who wanted to use the unique features of the app as a plugin; Luminar 3 for those who needed powerful software with libraries.

We came up with the decision that Luminar 4 will meet the needs of all our users. It is a universal upgrade for both Luminar Flex and Luminar 3. Thus, it has the functionality of both plugin and standalone application. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Paul Meachen

Helena Carter - I'm confused here.  Are you saying  Flex is only intended to be used as a plug-in?  I use it as a standalone (Windows 10) and it works perfectly.  It also saves .LMNR files which Luminar 4 doesn't so the latter can't replace Flex in my workflow.  At the moment Luminar 4 is just a sky replacement tool for me - do you plan to add .LMNR support to it in future releases?

gr. marvy

You did, but you could have let them know sooner. I could pre-order Luminar 4 straight away and didn't have to spend money on Flex

Tom

Helena Carter

Paul,

Currently, there'no ETA for lmnr files functionality to be added. However, we will consider it for future updates.

gr. marvy,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support and we'll see what we can do.

Dann Lavery

Helena Carter  Perhaps my question was not blunt enough on my question, so Ill try again:

Will Skylum support Flex in 2020 and beyond?  

(Yes or No, will be satisfactory for me as I do not intend to purchase L4 and need to understand what my workflow looks like going forward).

For the record, L4 will NOT "meet the needs of ALL your users".  Sorry.

Thanks in advance for Skylum's clarity.

Paul Meachen

Helena Carter - You can't simply "decide" whether something meets everybody's needs - it either does or it doesn't, and Luminar 4 doesn't.  It cannot replace Flex for me, and perhaps some others as well.  Maybe not many of us, but it is not meeting the needs of all of us.

Jason Fox

So I got a whopping five months of use out of Flex before I now have to drop another $69 to get it working again with 4? Come on.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jason,

The upgrade to Luminar 4 is completely option. Your license to Luminar Flex will continue to work even if you choose not to upgrade. 

Post is closed for comments.