How to split the catalog without loosing edits

Answered

Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Harsh,

I'm afraid currently there's no way to move the edit from once Catalog to another. 

However, you can remove some folders from your Catalog (maybe the ones which don't include any important edits), and then create new smaller Catalogs (with a fewer amount of images) via File>Catalog>New.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bill Kyle

You may need professional help. I am going to follow this topic. Good luck! 

I had problems with the parent folder structure from Luminar 3 to L4. There were a lot of crashes and I COULD NOT remove any subfolders from the catalog. The only option I had was to "Delete Forever" from the Library list. That would delete the originals. Obviously not what we want.

My library was not anywhere near as many photos. I created a new catalog by just adding the subfolders and NOT the parent folder. Luminar has been running fine ever since. No edits were saved though (not a big deal for me).

George Mentzikof

Doesn't create albums from the choosing from folder help you? Albums will keep the adjustments..

Harsh Shah

Attempt is to decrease the size of library. Making albums won't influence size of the library.

Rob Alfieri

I tried creating a catalog for 700 photos for 1 folder on an SSD. While the update has improved Luminar 4's performance, it is still slow enough to be frustrating. It has crashed once so far as well. I hope that Skylum can fix these performance issues. I have a very powerful i7 and other photo suites do not have the same processing issues.

Please sign in to leave a comment.