Luminar 4 on windows crashes

Answered

Comments

3 comments

• Official comment
    Kate Williams

Hi guys,

As far as the overall speed of the app is concerned - this will be further improved. Our engineering team plans to release a rather big update targeting performance issues soon.

In terms of crashes - the causes can be different, and each case is particular. We'd like to investigate it. 

Firstly, please, try to reproduce the issue in a new catalog that contains fewer photos. To create a new catalog, click File > Catalog > New. You'll be able to get back to your previous catalog via File > Catalog > Open.

If the issue persists, please, contact our team at support@skylum.com and provide us with the following information: 

1. The screen recording of all the steps you do in the software prior to encountering the crash.  You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

If the issue occurs when you're working on an image, send us the image file. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request.

As the issue leads to a crash, send us event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your request.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Comment actions Permalink
    Carlos HviT

I'm having the same problems, I work with I7 8750 (8th Gen), 16 Ram Gb and Nvidia 1070 GPU and Samsung M.2. harddrive. Exactly the same problem as you, and sometimes even editing.

I work with uncompresed Sony A7 III ARW files.

I guess its all about memory freaking out trying to load folders wich include a lot of 47 Mb size files in real time. I guess they should add another option as Lightroom, let previews stay loaded for a time, and auto delete after a stabilished period of time, or dont delete if you add a mark to the picture. Preview every photo, everytime you start the program, makes it run REALLY slow. In fact Im having this as my main workflow problem, and I didnt had it in Lightroom, only problem there was importing and then making the 1:1 previews. After that, everything was faster than this method. This works great if you dont have more than 30 files in a folder, and specially if they are not uncompresed raw files. But its my supposition, Im not a programmer.

I hope Skylum fix this quickly.

Rik van Coolwijk

I have the same problem, also sometimes (most times) the edit menu won't load... this way Luminar is not usable for me, it will take 2 hours an numerous restarts of Luminar to edit just a few photo's

Post is closed for comments.