Luminar 4 plug in LR 6

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Randy,

Please try manually installing the plugin:

1. Make sure Lightroom is closed.
    2. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar4/Plug-Ins/. There will be a bunch of files in there, the ones you're interested in have the following extensions: .lrplugin and .lrtemplate.
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/
    4. Copy the .lrplugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.
    5. Click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/
    6. Copy the .lrtemplate file into the folder that you opened in Step 5.

You may be asked whether you'd like to overwrite the existing file in the folder or keep both, choose to overwrite in all cases.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Comment actions Permalink
    Helga Wimmen

Hi Angela,

Is it possible to use Luminar4 as a plug-in for Apple Photos and Lightroom in parallel? 

I tried to follow your above mentioned way to install the plug-in for Lightroom but there are no files to be found under

/Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar4/Plug-Ins/

Helga Wimmen

Meanwhile I was successful in finding

/Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar4/Plug-Ins/ 

and copying the .lrplugin

But I cannot find a folder called External Editor Presets to copy the .lrtemplate in

Kate Williams

Hi Helga,

Sure, here are the steps to add Luminar 4 as an extension in Apple Photos:

1. Make sure Photos is closed.
    2. Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences.
    3. In the window that opens click Extensions.
    4. Select Photos Editing from the list on the left.
    5. Make sure that the checkbox in front of Luminar 4 is ticked in the list on the right.
    6. Launch Photos and double-click on a photo you wish to edit.
    7. Click Edit in the upper right corner.
    8. Click on the Extensions button (looks like three dots in a circle) in the upper right.
    9. Select Luminar 4.
    10. When Luminar 4 loads perform the necessary edits in it, and then click Save Changes in the upper right.

As far as External Editor Presets folder is concerned - could you please provide us with the screenshot of what you see when you navigate to the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/?

Helga Wimmen

In the meantime I could solve the problem.

Post is closed for comments.