Bring back some of the L3 features for those who rely on them

Answered

Comments

4 comments

• Official comment
    Kirk Osborn

Please check where you can find your filters from Luminar 3 in Luminar 4 here:

https://media.macphun.com/uploads/uploads/skylum/pdf/Onboarding_Luminar_4_Blog_Post-2.pdf?_ga=2.97139615.1215044120.1573462186-605595603.1572517806

I will pass on your suggestion to our devs for further consideration. Please stay tuned.

Comment actions Permalink
    Geoff Collinson

I have been told, repeatedly, that L4 is a separate blend of processing software, it doesn't replace L3.

Bizarrely Skylum appear to be running the two side-by-side as separate entities, rather than concentrating on just the one.

MF Mika

"I have been told, repeatedly, that L4 is a separate blend of processing software, it doesn't replace L3.

Bizarrely Skylum appear to be running the two side-by-side as separate entities, rather than concentrating on just the one."

Very strange indeed. I was once told by their support team that they wrote Luminar 4 from scratch. I expected it to be a development upon Luminar 3 --- naturally, one thing or another would be dropped, and a few other things would be added --- but they might as well have given Luminar 4 another name --- they could have well called it Photolemur 2, or Photolemur Pro, for that matter.

"Many of us will abandon Luminar as a product line if the product gets "dumbed down" and no longer can serve as the one go-to editor. Please reconsider."

Exactly. I'm spending more time than i care about on this forum monitoring how people feel about it and what will eventually be Skylum's position to decide whether or not i'll apply for a refund and take that investment elsewhere, or perhaps just stick with Luminar 3.

I get the sense that a lot of people who don't have as much time as i do have already left, and that Skylum is perfectly happy with the consumer base it has found, which is great! I just feel a bit cheated because when i bought Luminar 3 with a Luminar 4 pre-order, i was hoping i wouldn't have to spend money on photo-editing software for another two or three years once i got whatever Luminar 3 already offered, plus whatever Luminar 4 would eventually develop.

Mauro Rioboo

I agree with above comments.

It is a step back.

At least let's choose how we want to work abling in the menu.

Please sign in to leave a comment.