Luminar 4 missing options in Edit Menu

Answered

Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Kate Williams

Hi Alan, 

We've processed your request.

Indeed, some features are missing in the Windows version of Luminar 4. We do have plans to change the situation, though. Our team will do their best to bring both versions to parity. 

As far as the crashes are concerned:

Please try to reproduce the issue in a newly created catalog (File > Catalog > New). 

If it persists, please, provide us with a bit more details via support@skylum.com so that we could investigate it further.

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs. Please send us a screen recording of what you do in the software before encountering the issue. You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

If the issue occurs when you're working on an image, send us the image file. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your request.

In case the issue leads to a crash, send us event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your request.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Duncan Scott

I have to agree with you, working with layers is horrendous because the Rasterize and Duplicate options are missing. Ive had so many crashes that it has become impossible to work with and find myself reverting back to Luminar 3.

I had a look at the minimum requirements and for windows it recommends a i5 processor. My home computer is only a i3 so going off that i need to upgrade my computer (which i'm sure wasnt mentioned when being bombarded to upgrade Luminar 4). My travel laptop is a i7 but i haven't tried that as of yet.

Alan Brown

Regards crashes, my desktop is i5 with 16gb ram and my laptop is i7 with 8gb ram and  I have experienced problems with both so I don't believe an upgrade is the answer. I have no problems with Photoshop, Lightroom, DXO Photolab 3 and Affinity only Luminar 4. I contacted Skylum over a week ago .... no response yet.

Duncan Scott

Thanks for your reply. I haven't had issues with Lightroom or Luminar 3, I moved over to Luminar trying to get away from Lightroom but have found myself reverting back because 4 is so difficult to work with. Very frustrating having bought new software that I cant use.

Alan Brown

Likewise I am trying to extradite myself  slowly from subscription Lightroom/Photoshop. To that end I am using a combination of DXO Photolab 3/ NIK Collection & Affinity Photo and so far very happy. I believed Luminar 4 would add positively to my workflow and allow me to finally cancel the above subscription. Like all Windows members I am ever hopeful Skylum come up with an upgrade ASAP.

Post is closed for comments.