Nik collection and Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

13 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Member, if you have a Google version, please try reinstalling the Nik Collection and check whether it becomes available to you under Edit > Plugins.

If the plugins do not appear there, please try the following: 

1. Download the folder with plugin files here, unzip the folder and save it somewhere where you can easily find it.
    2. In Luminar 3, click Edit > Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Luminar to the .plugin file in the folder you just copied in step 1.
    3. Repeat the process with each .plugin file.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

Hi! Could you specify which Nik Collection plugins are you referring to? Which year?
    Do other plugins work with Luminar?

Hi.
    Thanks for asking me which plugins I'm using: I've just realized some work and some don't!
    So, Define, sharpener and viveza work but the others, which are the ones I use (...) don't...
    I think I purchased the collection in 2014, it's the 1.11 version
    Thanks for your help

Colin Grant

They all show up here but I have DxO Nik not Google or before.

Howard Lebowitz

I have the DxO version 2.3.1 for Mac and they all work.

Rob Williams

I have just installed DxO version 2.5, and during the install I couldn't select my Luminar 4 as a host application.

I still continued with the install however luminar doesn't see Nik stuff when I  right click and choose open in. Yet something which i don't own, Aurora HD is there !

Helena Carter

Hi Rob,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you.

Howard Lebowitz

Rob, The worked with the previous version but now with the 2.5 update they stopped working ;-(

Kate Williams

Hi Howard, 

Please contact us at  https://skylum.com/support  as well. In your support request, please also make sure to include the following screenshot: click Luminar 4> About...

Colin Grant

They broke the plugin functionality in the 4.1 update. It will be fixed when the 4.2 update comes out. There is no eta. This was confirmed by Support.

Howard Lebowitz

Thanks Colin. Since both Luminar and Nik were updated recently I was not sure which one was broken  

Funny that Afinity Photo just implemented support for Nik software. 

James Coffey

Hello Skylum,

I have Luminar4.2 and Nik Collection 2.5 installed. I'm not sure how to to install NiK for Luminar4?

Thanks you

Anastasia Davis

Hi James! Please reach our support team and we will help you out: https://skylum.com/support

Best regards,

Please sign in to leave a comment.