Luminar 4 Technical Support

Answered

Comments

20 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi,

Please, let us know your email and we will reply to you ASAP.

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

Hi! We have replied to you via email.

Michael Mossiagin

I have followed the plan you recommended. The problem remains. I uploaded the details to the support including the print screens of the error and GPU details. Please advise.

Mark Messmore

I AM DISAPPOINTED IN THIS SOFTWARE, FEEL LIKE I BEEN PLAYED. I BOUGHT LUM 4 WITH CALIFORNIA SUNSETS AND AMAZING PLANETS, ONLY TO FIND OUT WHEN I DOWNLOADED THEM, THEY WASNT IN THE DROP DOWNS.

I EMAILED AND SOMEONE SENT ME THE PACKS WITH NO INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ADD THEM.

WTF?? I PAID EXTRA TO GET NOTHING. 

TO GET ANY SUPPORT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE..

Helga Rowles

Hi Mark, as far as I can see, Kateryna sent you the instructions in the first email.
    Please note that there's no way to make the downloads stay in the dropdown menu.
    You should store the packs on your computer and access them when needed.

Ulrike Mitterstieler

Guten Morgen. Ich habe immer wieder das Problem. dass Luminar mir den Mac blockiert. Ich kann dann nicht mehr mit Luminar arbeiten und es auch nicht schließen. Habe jetzt seid zwei Tagen. zwei offene Seiten von Luminar 4 offen und kann sie nicht schließen. Mein PC läuft heiß, der Lüfter läuft auf Hochtour und die Batterie geht in kürze auf Null
    Können Sie mir helfen?
    Beste Grüße, Ulli

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

David Allan

My damn Luminar 4 crashes every time I pull it up!!!!  Isn't there a live person to speak with???!!!!!  Sick of this software!  

Austin Miller

Hi David. Please reach us via skylum.com/support so we can investigate the issue.

Martha Weaver

I have contacted you at skylum.com/support and all I get is asking if this helped. How many times must I tell you that I haven't got a single answer yet. How could silence help!? I was told by Vanelli this morning on Coffee Break to contact support at this address. I have an issue you need to study and find a fix for. I'm trying to help. Now, can you help me?  weaverpix1@att.net  Martha Weaver

Helga Rowles

Hi Martha, 
    As far as I can see, we replied to your comment in our user manual (regarding Marking Favorite and Rejected Images) on December 18. I can see that before that, you reached to us in July and replied that your issue had been solved. 
    If you used a different email address to contact us recently, please let us know which one. Otherwise, please submit a support request once again.

Alan Henderson

For some unknown reason Luminar 4 disappeared on my Mac.  I have tried several times to reinstall it.  It seems to install but when I go to launch it it crashes.  I have also purchased AI and I want to use the Luminar 4 Looks in AI but with no Luminar 4 application there are no files.  As an aside, when I attempt to launch Luminar 4 it only allows me a 7 day trial period even though I have previously paid for it.

Helga Rowles

Hi Alan,
    Please click Activate to activate Luminar 4.
    If there's no activate button, chances are that you've installed Luminar 4 from the AppStore. Please remove it and install the webstore version:
    https://l.skylum.com/luminar4_mac

If the app crashes upon launch, please try the following steps:

• Hold down the Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    • Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.

I hope this helps. If further assistance is needed, please contact our support team at skylum.com/support.

a vyas

I WANT MY 11900 R BACK I DIDNOT RECIVED ANY ACCTIVATION KEY AFTER THAT I RECHARGE IT AGAIN WITH 6300 R AMOUNT MY EMAIL ID VYASA1212@GMAIL.COM PLEASE RETURN MY MONEY BACK THANX

Angela Andrieux

Hi a vyas,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support or support@skylum.com and we'll be happy to assist you.

Enrique Morales

Please I NEED HELP .. TWO days ago my Luminar 4 crashed and CAN't open it opens for 3 seconds and it turns black and it desapearse .. I get a message saying " Luminar 4 quit Unexpectedly Click reopen to open the application again "  and then a bunch of numbers explaining what happened ... Well I have click reopen 40 times every day for several days and all I get is 3 seconds of a black screen on the page that has the title of the file I was working on ...I try to click another place and nothing happens, the program quits again .. I HAVE already turned my computer off 3 times trying to see if that will work but it doesn't do anything ..... I have Luminar 3 and many other products like Luminar and NOW Luminar AI ,, But the program that has my files is LUMINAR 4 how can I reopen the program I can not access my files ... PLEASE HELP  I don't know where to go are how to access anyone on TECHNICAL SUPPORT for Luminar 4 please help . 

Alina Skylum

Dear Enrique Morales,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you had when using Luminar 4. I'm sure there is something we can do about that. Can you please kindly collect a crash log following the steps below?

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your support request via https://skylum.com/support

Look forward to hearing from you.

Stephen Baker

hi. i dont know if i am doing something wrong but everytime i make an adjustment to an image  it goes to my windows photos . for example, if i add color it goes to windows photos. if i add sharpness it goes to windows photos, if i add contrast it goes to windows photo. i end up with many images with one adjustment on them all i want is to adjust an image to my liking and export that one image, not all the ones i made an adjustment on

Elena O'Brien

Hi Stephen Baker,

Luminar will connect to the existing photo library, it won't create duplicates of your photos. But it will create Luminar Catalog. Luminar Catalog doesn't store copies of your photos, it stores previews (thumbnails) and the history of your edits. Luminar Catalog is placed in your 'Pictures' folder by default.

Please make sure that you don't have your whole 'Pictures' folder linked to your Windows Photos app: http://prntscr.com/pq6te5

Alternatively, you can move your Catalog to a different place that's not indexed by your Photos app and re-link it to Luminar.

Here's how:

• Make sure Luminar is closed.
    • Go to the Pictures folder (C:\Users\%username%\Pictures). If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    • Relocate the Luminar Catalog folder.
    • Launch Luminar. It will prompt you either to create a new catalog or choose the existing one. Chose the latter option and navigate to the new location of your Luminar Catalog. 
      Open Luminar Catalog folder > locate .luminar file inside > open it. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.