Missing options in the layers drop down menu.

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Anthony Smith

Same here on my Windows PC, no Rasterize or Duplicate options. Over on YouTube, Jim Nix has published a video on Layers and he is using a Mac and they show up there on his Mac (screen shot  from Jim's video attached). There are some other menu items missing from the Windows edition of Luminar 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMiCzLHNt-M

Comment actions Permalink
    Duncan Scott

Hi Anthony.

Thanks for your reply. That what i was doing at the time, id watched Jim's video and i was having a play then shock horror missing menus. I wondered if it was to do with Mac v Windows. i have dropped the Luminar team an email so just wait to see what they say and if there is a patch/update. 

Thanks again

Duncan

Roy Blackwell

Feature wise, the Windows version of Luminar 4 is not yet on par with the Mac version. There are other things missing as well, like a preferences section.

Duncan Scott

Hi Roy.

I had a feeling that was the explanation.

Thank you for taking the time out to reply, much appreciated.

Duncan

Anthony Smith

Thanks Roy, Wow! They've left out "Preferences" from the Windows version!!? With regular crashes one wonders what the 'defaults' are and whether the Windows version utilizes a cache or ever uses the GPU (someone here reported that it didn't).

Rajender Razdan

I've recently bought Luminar 4 to run on my Windows 10 based PC and like others I've noticed that the Windows version has many things missing or not working for me. As was already pointed out the layers options on Windows are much more limited than the Mac version. Here is a screeshot showing what options I'm able to see on my PC:

Additionally, I noticed that while the Luminosity mask option is available on my Windows 10 version, I'm unable to get it to create an actual mask (though it seems to be trying to go through the steps). Wondering if anyone else noticed this?

Rajender Razdan

One more issue I have had is with the use of Looks. While I'm able to use Looks as a starting point for editing photos, I am unable to use it after making other edits (the Looks option seems to revert back to operating only on my unedited version). I'm assuming that this problem is limited to the Windows version. I would like confirmation if others are facing the same issues. Thanks.

Roy Blackwell

@Rajender: You might try a separate adjustment layer to be avoid the issue you identified.

Anna V

Hi Rajender,

The issues you have mentioned are not connected with Windows/MacOS parity(except for Layers options). 

Please try Roy's suggestion and if the issue remains, please contact us via http://www.skylum.com/support. Please make sure to describe the issue in a detailed way and copy and paste the link to this thread into the email to support.

Post is closed for comments.