Luminar 4 user interface and speed

Comments

5 comments

John Comiez

I agree about the interface. I prefer if they would all be open so that I can move around and do fine adjustments without having to open every new filter. As for the speed,. I am finding L4 to be a fair amount faster than L3. A lot of the filters have reached or are approaching what I would consider to be an acceptable speed.

Comment actions Permalink

New user to Luminar 4.  I loaded Luminar 4 software to my machine without any issues.  The catalog contains less than 50 photos, from Nikon D750 RAW format.  Loading times is unacceptably slow and while performing basic edits, Luminar 4 crashes.  Reopen Luminar 4, waiting for photos to load, software crashes again.  I have submitted trouble note to Skylum about this issue earlier.  Software appears promising for its quick edits, but the constant crashes is ridiculous.  Any tips or tricks I may be missing?  

Machine specs are:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU xxxxxxx
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date xxxxxxx, 2019-05-30
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB

Helga Rowles

Hi Will, thanks a lot for submitting a support request.
    Could you please send us event logs?

You'll find the instructions in the email we've just sent.

Ste Woo

Yeah, the L4 interface feels like someone dropped the L3 interface on the floor. When they picked it up they just left the bits where they landed. 

Hi, I prefer that the filters close automatically when I use another, this is also how I use lightroom. I prefer to make a single click rather than having to scroll the screen by putting 3 wheel strokes.

Please sign in to leave a comment.