Using Aurora 2019 with Luminar4

Answered

Comments

12 comments

• Official comment
    Elena Blum

Hi Jeanne, Hi Patrick,

Aurora HDR 2019 needs to be updated before it can support Luminar 4. While we're preparing the update, you can try the following solution on Windows:

1. Open a photo in Aurora.
    2. Click Plugins >  Other > Open Plugin.
    3. Navigate to the folder where your copy of Luminar 4 is installed. By default, it's C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4
    4. Double-click Luminar4.8bf. Luminar 4 should open as a plugin in Aurora.

On Mac:

1. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar4/Plug-Ins. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in has .plugin extension.
    2. Copy the .plugin file somewhere where you can easily find it.
    3. In Aurora, click Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Aurora to the .plugin file you just copied. Luminar should open.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Patrick Widdess

I have this problem too. In my case it says it was unable to locate Aurora 2018 but I have 2019 installed. I'm on a Mac.

Blair Govan

So I have the same issue. If I select 5 images and open in Aurora to be merged, I am unable to send the merged file back to the Luminar4 DAM. 

I added the Luminar4 plugin as suggested for a MAC. Yes this works to have the merged Aurora image sent to Luminar4 for editing only. It does not save it to the Luminar DAM. When you apply the edits it simply sends the edited image back to Aurora not to the Luminar DAM.

How do we save to the Luminar4 DAM?? Hard to believe that we can't. 

Blair Govan

If I select 5 images and open in Aurora to be merged, I am unable to send the merged file back to the Luminar4 DAM. 

I added the Luminar4 plugin as suggested for a MAC. Yes this works to have the merged Aurora image sent to Luminar4 for editing only. It does not save it to the Luminar DAM. When you apply the edits it simply sends the edited image back to Aurora not to the Luminar DAM.

How do we save to the Luminar4 DAM?? Hard to believe that we can't. 

Anastasia Davis

Hi Blair! That is correct, this workaround works for using Luminar 4 as a plugin only (thus, it means it has to do the round trip). As we noted, it will be fixed in the next Aurora HDR 2019 update.

Bruce Campbell

I have a slightly different issue.  I want to be able to do some basic editing in Luminar 4.2 (eg noise reduction, my current issue) on 3 bracketed photos, then select those photos, send them to Aurora for merging then have the merged file sent back to Luminar for further editing.

This seems to me to be a better workflow than merging the unedited photos in Aurora then trying to remove noise in the tiff file in Luminar.

At the moment, Luminar allows me to send only a single file to Aurora regardless of how many I have selected in the DAM.

I am using Luminar 4.2 as a standalone with Windows 10 PC.

Note:  Luminar 4.2 will become generally available on 19/3/2020 - Australia received an early, staggered, release. Aurora now appears as a plugin under Edit >Plugins>Aurora HDR in Luminar 4.2 (assuming you have Aurora installed).

Kate Williams

Hi Bruce,

I see how this would be a more efficient workflow for you. 

I've contacted our tech team with a request to enable sending bracket groups to Aurora on Windows in one of the following releases. For now, there are some integration nuances that need to be ironed out before this feature becomes available. Stay tuned! 

Kenny Vanstapel

Hi, has this issue been resolved? I have the same problem as Blair, even though i should have all the new versions (Luminar 4.3 and Aurora HDR (1.0.0 (6432)).

Austin Miller

Hi Kenny!

Please try the following if you would like Aurora HDR to work as a plugin for Luminar 4:

1. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/AuroraHDR2019/Plug-Ins. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in has .plugin extension.
    2. Copy the .plugin file somewhere where you can easily find it.
    3. In Luminar 4, click Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Luminar to the .plugin file you just copied. Aurora HDR should open.

Let me know how it goes. 

Kenny Vanstapel

Hi Austin, 

I don't know if you don't understand me, or u don't understand you. I did what you asked, but Aurora did previously already appear. Now, it appears twice (first screenshot). Both actually don't really work when selecting 3 photos in Luminar. When it works (it doesn't always), it just seems to only send 1 image to Aurora HDR. 

What does work is the "open in - Aurora HDR" (second screenshot). But after that I don't really understand how to go back to Luminar. I would think there should be an easy way, but the only thing I can do is to export it again? Although I don't know what the best way it is than to bring it back to Luminar?

Sadly, says it can not find Aurora HDR, although it is installed on my Mac, so, discovery brings up the website.

Helena Carter

Member,

In this case, please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a more detailed way.

Please sign in to leave a comment.