Luminar 4 Crashes

Comments

3 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Daniel,

Our team is currently overflowing with incoming requests so it can take extra time for us to get back to you.

As far as I can see, we've responded to you via email. 

Firstly, please try restoring from backup: 

1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.

If the issue persists, please, try reinstalling the app in the following way: 

• delete the app with AppCleaner. Download AppCleaner from here:http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner 
    • Go to Pictures -> Luminar 4 Catalog and rename this folder (if you have created the Catalog in another Location, please navigate there and rename the Catalog folder).
    • Open Luminar 4 Catalog folder, locate the file Luminar 4 Catalog.luminar and change its name too. 
    • Go to Application Support (launch Finder > Go > Go to Folder > paste /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software and delete Luminar4 folder.
    • Go to Terminal and type: defaults delete com.skylum.luminar4 , then click enter.
    • After that please install from the link below:
      https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/installer/mac/Luminar4Installer.zip

If the issue persists, please, keep in touch with our team via email. We'll be happy to help. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Daniel Nist

Kate

Your response was the first, I have not received any help yet. In my notes above I stated that I have uninstalled L4 four times including using App Cleaner. The problem remains every time I load L4 as a stand alone it crashes. However after using App cleaner this last time I can export to L4 from LR Classic. But I purchased L4 with hopes of using it instead of LR and PS. Perhaps a screen share with support would be of better support Thank You

Helga Rowles

Hi Daniel, sorry for making you wait.
    Our inbox is overflowing with the incoming requests, so it takes much longer to get back to our customers.

Please try renaming Luminar Catalog.luminar file.

Let us know if it helped.

Please sign in to leave a comment.