Luminar 4 Too Slow

Answered

Comments

6 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi guys,

Please get in touch with our support team at skylum.com/support and we'll do our best to help.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roger Salvesen

Hi Owen. I'm having better results with my Fuji X-E2 files and L4 and it seems much faster than L3 is most respects. Im using an iMac core i7 quad 16 GB ram, this is somewhat close to your machine. My library is external on a USB 3 HD spinning disk so no speed demon. It may be an isolated issue related to something other than Luminar. You could try opening Activity Monitor and trying to see if this issue stems from HD activity or Ram for example? 

It's entirely possible this version has an issue with i9 at the moment? Who knows it may not change your situation but it just my 2 cents

Roger

Chris Robison

Luminar 4 is sluggish at best on my 2018 Mac mini with the i7/SSD/32GB RAM.  

Luminar 3 was slow too, but got better with updates.

I have read that Skylum is working on the first update to address 'performance' and other issues.

At present, Luminar 4 is useable, but very slow for me too.  XT3 Raf files aren't the issue.  It's the program itself. 

I have raw files from Olympus and Sony that also take a long time to load and edit.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Helga,

both Luminar 3 and Luminar 4 are EXTREMELY SLOW and not only with me but with many others (see the numerous forum posts) Should all actually write to the support? Well, they'll have a lot of fun with it.

Shivanand Oss

I bought Luminar4 two days ago & it crashed.

Same thing today, Helga. My first image was processed by Luminar4. My second image got this message: "Cannot Start Editing. Photo cannot load adjustments. Please try again." Needless to say, after trying again I got the same message.

Sleepless in London

Shivanand Oss

alessandro becatti

Hi Helga,

I confirm the same thing that many people are saying: I am trying the trial version of Luminar 4 and I find it extremely slow, especially in the opening: every time I start it, it takes a few minutes with  "gallery update". I have already done the uninstallation as described in other posts. I have a MacBook Pro with 16 GB, SSD, i7 2.9 GHz, Radeon Pro 460 4 GB.
    Before proceeding with the purchase I'll like to be reassured from you about speed.
    Thanks

Post is closed for comments.