Luminar Helper for Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Rob Strower

Hi Daniel,

I really hoped you make your great tool for Luminar 4. Thank you very much, I really like to use it with Luminar 3 and it helped so much to keep the library much smaller and handy.

Is there any way to change the expected path? I have some trouble to point helper to the right folder which I use for Luminar 4 on another drive?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Robin

Comment actions Permalink
    Daniel L

Hi Rob,

thank you! I will update Luminar Helper when I have more time and add your suggestion. Unfortunately I´m quite busy until the end of the month. You can expect the update beginning of December.

Cheers
    Daniel

Rob Strower

Hi Daniel,

thank you for the feedback and take your time. I am sure your update will come ahead of the L4 patch anyway.

Cheers,

Robin

Daniel L

Hi Rob,

I updated my Helper and added the feature to select the resource and plugin cache folder. You can select the save destination of the reference files as well. I also added a feature to compress the preview cache if you are using Luminar standalone (and/or as DAM). All paths should be added automatically but you can change if needed.

I updated the download link in the first post. If you receive any issues just let me know.

Cheers
    Daniel

Rob Strower

Hi Daniel,

you are the man! awesome and way faster than expected. Wish some companys have that kind of support.

I download and check and thanks again for your awesome work.

All the best and have a great week,

Robin

Rob Strower

Hi Daniel,

Helper finds the pathes just fine but as soon as I click on analyze files I get the error message:

Error Catalogue Cache folder not found

I moved the cat in Luminar 4 but again it finds all the pathes right but drops that message.

I installed Luminar 4 on my Win 8.1 partition, maybe that is not a good thing to do.

Cheers,

Robin

Daniel L

Hi Rob,

thanks for the Info! I will check during the weekend.

Cheers
    Daniel

Daniel L

Hi Rob,

I´m not 100% sure if I found the error. I think this occurs when the folder is not existing even when it is in the Luminar 4 config file. However I added a dialog to create a folder if needed. You can also put in your folder paths manually if needed.

Can you check if it works for you? https://www.mediafire.com/file/g8yjtvc3rak3ypm/Luminar_Helper_1.2.1.zip/file 

Cheers
    Daniel

Rob Strower

Hey Daniel,

creating new folder works but still helper does not compress the library folder.

Starting new to create the "missing" folder makes the helper crash.

I should have installed Luminar 4 on my normal drive to see if it works like it should on my PC.

I will check that later.

Have a great weekend,

Robin

Please sign in to leave a comment.