Rose

Answered

Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Elena Blum

Hi Paul,

Luminar 3 was created for photographers that want to both organize and edit their photos in LuminarLuminar Flex is more an editing plug-in to other photo software. Luminar Flex was made for photographers that organize their photos in Lightroom/Photoshop/Apple Photos, and want Luminar's editing power. Luminar 4 combines both functions equally, it is for every photographer, who wants to benefit from its innovative tools. It offers a complete toolset to edit and enhance images. Photographers can use Luminar as a standalone application, a plugin, or an external editor.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Rose,

Having Luminar Flex installed should not cause any issues. Can you tell me which application you're using as the host for the plugin? I'll gladly send you instruction to manually install the plugin.

Rose Poling

Thanks, I do have luminar 4 and flex now
    Is there a reason to keep flex? Dont they accomplish the same thing?

Margaret Bright

Hi Rose,

Luminar 4 is an upgrade to all previous versions of the Luminar applications, including Luminar Flex. But while Luminar Flex is a plugin, Luminar 4 works both as a standalone application and as a plug-in. 

If you have already had the chance to compare, you may have noticed that the two apps are a bit different. Luminar 4 has some new innovative AI features and an upgraded interface. 

Whether to keep using both Luminar Flex and Luminar 4 or switch to Luminar 4 only - is completely up to you. You may try working with Luminar 4, compare it to Luminar Flex and choose the way that will suit your workflow the best.

Paul Meachen

@ Margaret Bright

I keep reading on here that Luminar Flex is "only a plug-in" while Luminar 4 is standalone and a plug-in, yet I quite happily use Flex as a standalone.  The only differences I can see are that Flex will save .LMNR files (Luminar 3 & 4 won't) and Luminar 3 & 4 have a DAM.  What am I missing here?  Or do none of you know how your own software actually works?

Post is closed for comments.