L4 Completely Unusable. Most broken software I have ever used.

Answered

Comments

12 comments

Saurabh Shetty

Other than the usual slowdowns and the crashes, I had the same problems with the erase and the clone tool. I have seen the pan issue occurring atleast once every day. And that undo button is long overdue.
    Skylum team, if you are listening and I know you are, please fix your s/w before we lose our patience and move on to something else.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi Colin and Saurabh, 

We're aware of some of the performance issues in the Windows version of Luminar 4. Our team is doing their best to sort them out. We're planning to roll out a rather big update that will contain performance improvements. Stay tuned. 

As far as the undo button is concerned - there are some tech limitations with the implementation of this button on Windows due to the lack of local history. However, if our team finds a solution, we'll be sure to implement it. 

LeoN E

Hi Kate, the performance fixes are good, but what about crash

Jaron Horst

I have to agree - the performance and crash issues with L4 are rather extensive when running on Windows.  Even when only using a few special features (AI Sky, Sunlight, and Background Replace) after doing my RAW editing in another application, I'm running into a lot of issues with slow UI and crashing.

John Couvaras

Agree with the sentiments here. Edit undoes are elementary and having to sacrifice a whole layer is quite ridiculous. 
    Makes me think the Windows version is just the poor child of the Mac version.

I have requested details for a refund and have not heard back...no surprise here.
    "We're planning to roll out a rather big update that will contain performance improvements. Stay tuned."  - that will be the decider.
    Fail to see how they can take your loot, and then go to market with what is really a beta version.
    Lets see where it goes

John Couvaras

"As far as the undo button is concerned - there are some tech limitations with the implementation of this button on Windows due to the lack of local history. However, if our team finds a solution, we'll be sure to implement it. "

This is quite fundamental actually.

Why can others do it?

Colin Merritt

Kate Williams  ,

It's been 7 days. I've heard nothing about any updates. No solutions, no suggestions, no help whatsoever. How long do I have to wait? Should I just uninstall Luminar, and go back to Adobe, and maybe come back in a few months to see if anything has improved?

Patrick Garcia

For me this is still an issue. When ereasing things there is no option to do it easy step by step. If I dont like what happened I have to delete the layer and redo everything. And the performance is still terrible. Marking things to erease has a about 2 seconds delay and somethimes it overdrags because i move and the application didnt realize yet that I released the mouse button. What do you recommend? There is no response to that issue even after half a year later.

Austin Miller

Hi Patrick. We are going to issue a new update soon that will have significant performance improvements! Please stay tuned for updates!

Jaron Horst

Austin Miller Is this the big update that was promised 5 months ago?  I'm still waiting for a useful/reliable Windows build!  Wish I would have asked for my money back when I could as L4 is almost useless for me just now!

I'm having he very same thing as Colin was saying. I use the clone on almost all of my photos and it gets all blocky and starts showing random chunks of the photo in different places. Also very bad lag. I just found out it's not just me. There's already been one update since I've purchased this so I hope the next one really fixes this problem because it's very frustrating.

Helena Carter

Hi,

As to the Clone and Stamp issue, please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support and we'll gladly assist you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.