Luminar 4 lens correction

Answered

Comments

19 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Jan, 

Thank you for your feedback. Let me please address your comments point by point. 

1. If you'd like to preserve lens correction, I recommend you to apply the look on a new adjustment layer or apply the look first and then tweak the lens correction. 

2. Luminar 4 uses a pure RAW converter, thus it opens the file as it was taken without any automatic adjustments. You need to perform the lens correction manually. 

3-4. This is something that our team will be improving in the future. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Tom Treuten

Great answer. But where did the lens correction go in Luminar 4? I can't find any lens correction at all!

Angela Andrieux

HI Tom,

You can find it in the Canvas tab (the icon looks like a small pencil and ruler next to the histogram) > Lens & Geometry.

Tom Treuten

Thx. Got it. Imho placing it there is a major step back in usability I like Luminar4 much better than Luminar3 but the menus got worse

Max Schafer

Hi

So I came here as I'm interested in a photo editing software package and was curious as to whether it had camera and lens profiles that you can select to fix any distortion.

I'm currently using Corel AfterShot Pro 3 and it seems their lens correction doesn't work as you can see from the attached screenshot.  The JPG straight from the camera (I shoot in RAW + JPG) was corrected by the A6400 fine.

My current setup is Sony A6400 and Sony 18-105 F4 OSS lens.

Helga Rowles

Hi Max! At the moment, Luminar doesn't have a list of cameras or lenses you can select from to fix lens distortion.

By the way, you can download Luminar 4 on our site and use it for free for 14 days to see how it works for you.

THOMAS TOALE

Different Tom :) So I seem to be in the right place, but the Auto Correction box isn't there - has it be renamed ? Is this the kind of photo for which this feature would work?  Thanks! s this the type of photo that can be 'corrected' with this feature ? Thank you!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Thomas,

The Auto Correction is for raw photos only and would not have a significant effect on correcting the distortion of this image. Instead, I recommend using the manual sliders toward the bottom of the Lens & Geometry tool that you have selected to correct for vertical and horizontal distortion.

THOMAS TOALE

Thanks!  I just tried that and it worked pretty well for a first try :) I'm deferring raw photos until I get a better handle on my new camera and Luminar. Thanks!

Kirk Osborn

Thank you for your feedback.

You're welcome to share your awesome photos in our Facebook photo community:

www.facebook.com/groups/macphunphotography 

Nicholas Nguyen

Where can I apply Lens Auto Correction? I'm using raw photos but there is no "button" I can find like in Lightroom. Thanks.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Nicholas! In Canvas tab choose Lens and Geometry > Auto Distortion Corrections

If you do not have this option, please reach our support team: support@skylum.com

Nicholas Nguyen

Thank you! Is there a list of lens profiles on Luminar 4?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Nicholas,

Luminar 4 applies the lens profile automatically if it is available so no need to pick from a list.

Doug Boynton

I  only see the 'Defringe' option in my setup (Windows 10/Luminar 4 Version 4.2.0): Where are the 'Auto Distortion Corrections' & 'Remove Chromatic Aberrations' options?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Doug,

The Auto Distortion Correction and Remove Chromatic Aberrations options will only be present if you're editing a raw file.

Doug Boynton

Hi Angela,

Thank you for your reply.

The file in question is a raw file from a Fuji camera (.RAF), see screenshot.

I have since tried converting this to a .dng/.DNG file using the Adobe DNG Converter.

However, Luminar does not seem to like this, as it freezes whenever I try to load the newly converted DNG file :-(

Elena Blum

Hi Doug,

We'll need to have an original file to investigate the issue. Please send us the files in this way:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at support@skylum.com.
    Doug Boynton

Done. Have sent both the original RAF file, plus the DNG version:

https://we.tl/t-fLdBafWwam

Thanks.

Please sign in to leave a comment.