Luminar 4 nothing but crashes

Answered

Comments

8 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

If you're still experiencing issues with Luminar 4 crashing, please contact us with your crash reports at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate and resolve the issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    Elena Blum

Hi Lutz,

• If there are any updates for your Windows, install them.
    • Ensure that you have NET Framework 4.7.2. Download it here (click this text to open link).
    • Ensure that you have C++ 2013. Download it here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.  
    • Ensure that you have Visual C++ 2015. Download it here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.

In case the steps above didn't help, please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to take a closer look at what’s going on right away.

A J

My Luminar 4 is very slow on my PC. It will crash when I attempt to mask and edit the AI sky replacement for a different back ground. But on my Mac it works perfectly. I installed what I need from the list above and the rest are up to day. I have done a complete removal  and re-install. Same thing still happens.

Windows 10 is my current OS.

Lutz Peter

So if it's necessary to do one installation after the other to run a photo editing software, that's totally unacceptable.

And I have already turned to the support, he does not answer. I want my money back. This is not a reliable application if I have to install all sorts of things to get it up and running.

Alina Skylum

@Lutz, please note that these are the basic complements essential for the operation of the app. 

We're getting quite a great number of new messages, therefore, there might be delays in the replies. However, I've requested an update to your support request. It looks like we're yet to receive the crash logs and the description of your editing workflow from you. 

Please keep in touch with our support team - we'll investigate it for you. 

Вадим Михайлов

Hello

I installed these packages and my copy of Luminar now works considerably faster (still slow but) and eats memory in decreased rate.

You really should have made a topic with these things earlier, if not from a start.

Lutz Peter

I have now installed the packages. Although it has become slightly faster, but the crashes remain. And it needs so many Recourchen.

I work here with a computer that has two four core CPUs and 32 GB of RAM. And yet, the performance that this software needs is hardly vertetbar. Even worse than version 3.

Every month I have a good 300 to 400 new photos added to the library. I spend more time waiting and restarting the application after a crash than editing photos.

Fred Haider

I have the same problem. They want me to record the crashes and send the recording.  I am not technically equipped to do all that stuff.  I tried to follow other requests but was unsuccessful. When I ask them to call and start a screen share so they can help me replicate the crashes in front of their own eyes and help get this resolved they refuse both a telephone call and screen share. I have a MAC with mega RAM and a 2TB SSD. The computer seems to start up slow but fast after administrative password is entered.

They tell me they have privacy policies that prevent telephone and screen sharing that I am authorizing. Luminar billed this purchase out of CA and they should have support staff and systems in place including telephone and remote screen share available so they can properly get my assistance so they can diagnose the issue. Adobe another software company who sells products out of CA provide telephone and screen share support so why can't Skylumn?

I think Imay HAVE to wait until they figure this out on their own and try again only after they offer a bug fix that resolves this. Terrible support in place. Really terrible.

Post is closed for comments.