AI Sky Resolution

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Hi,

I see the same blockiness with Blue Sky 2 as in your photo. 

At 100%, in a photo with a plane and with sky replaced, I think that I also see a kind of faint halo around the plane after the sky replacement, but that might be expected for such a replacement, but I having done (or tried) sky replacements in other apps, like Affinity, I am still kind of amazed by the sky replacement :)!

I wonder if you have tried a custom sky that is higher resolution, maybe?

Jim

EDIT: I should clarify/correct what I said.  (With the Blue Sky 2) the blockiness is not really visible unless I go to 200%, on my screen, at least.  Sorry for not mentioning that originally.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ed Hecht

Thanks, Jim. I do see it clearly at 100%. As for putting in my own sky, I do see the halo effect as well when doing that. It appears the stock skies in the software are optimized in this respect, yet still lacking in the resolution department. This is disappointing as this feature (AI Sky Replacement) was my main reason for upgrading...

Hi,

Thanks for responding.  For myself, maybe I am not so picky, but just having it work seems pretty good, because I have tried sky replacement with some other products and I am terrible with getting the masking right :).

Having said that, I have been seeing some other problems with the sky replacement (mentioned in another thread) where Luminar seems to be losing track of the sky replacement or something.

Jim

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

For best results I recommend loading your own custom sky images which can be a much higher resolution. Here are some tips on using your own images: https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/ai-sky-replacement-guidelines-2

Please sign in to leave a comment.