Migration Tool from one catalog to another catalog

Comments

11 comments

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Erwin,

ich würde das auch gerne haben aber falls da wer antworten wird, kenne ich jetzt schon die Antwort: Im Moment haben wir keine ETA, vielleicht beim nächste Update by the end of the year ß Stay tuned!!!

Comment actions Permalink
    Erwin Kargl

Hallo Wolfgang, ich gebe die Hoffnung nicht auf ;-) Danke

Some time ago, there was a blogpost, where the chief developer (?) presented, why they did the change to more AI and less DAM ... cause he (!) listened to an old women ... maybe I am old enough now, that my wishes get heard by skylum too???

Wishes:

1. Performance
    2. migrations tool from one to another catalog
    3. DAM-Features
    4. Performance

Erwin

Elena Blum

Hi,

I could definitely see how you would want to have features like that. Right now, we don’t have anything like that, but we're working on performance improvement. That being said, we’ve heard that request quite a bit so we will consider doing so in the future. I’ll pass it to our engineering team. Thanks!

Sascha C.

Wait....

„Some time ago, there was a blogpost, where the chief developer (?) presented, why they did the change to more AI and less DAM ... cause he (!) listened to an old women „

Is that true or a joke? Is that the reason why DAM and performance have still a low priority?

Did this old women also told skylum how they should make the ne UI? Or maybe they asked some kids in the kindergarten. However, I do not believe that they asked photographers. They would have told them , that they should concentrate on DAM and performance instead ;-D

Raw-Director

I have the same situation here. The Catalog handling is a disaster!
    It's slow and not migratable - so in my case not really usefull!

Please developers listen to the users! Otherwise the future of your software is uncertain.

Wolfgang Jarcik

The only change on this topic: 7 months have passed.

Raw-Director

I'm hopeful that we'll get an answer asap ;-)

Wolfgang Jarcik

Yes we will get „STAY TUNED“

Sascha C.

I returned my copy of Luminar 4 but still followed the development and community reactions to that. Never felt to need to come back to Luminar and still used my existing Lightroom subscription and Exposure X4. However, Exposure is really good, but it has a bug with camera profiles for Nikon, which I often use in may Workflow. But: Since Capture One released a price reduced Version for Nikon Cameras and a special offer for Newsletter subscribers 2 weeks ago, the decised to switch to Capture One 20 and I am satisfied with all, catalogue which supports also references, RAW editing and speed in my MacBook Pro. For me, there is currently no way back to Luminar (only as external Editor) and I am one of the first time users. Skylum did never listen to customers and complaining people. Try say they do, but the „hidden roadmap“ concentrate on special features but less on the basics which are really required.

Raw-Director

Capture One seems to be an alternate.

I'll give it a try.

Raw-Director

Btw. I love Luminar 4 - but the Catalog issues are really strange.

And yes - Luminar is very slow in the current version. :-(

Please sign in to leave a comment.