Skin Tone Adjustments in L$

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi,

At this time the AI Portrait tools do not have an adjustment for skin tone. My bests suggestion would be to create an adjustment layer and work with the white balance and exposure settings in the Light panel.

Adjustment layers are also perfect when working with multiple faces. Create an adjustment layer for each person and then use the masking tools to apply the effect to each person individually.

Comment actions Permalink
    Karel Novotný

Do you plan this feature in L4? At least, automatic face mask (L4 has AI and find eyes, lips, eyebrows...change skies... skin separation as a mask should not be a problem, shouldnt it?). I would really appreciate option for skin tone.

Elena Blum

Hi Karel,

There are several Masking options you can use for now:

https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/masking-options-in-lumina

You can combine the contents or results of one layer with your primary image.

In the future, we plan to work on improving AI features in Luminar.

Karel Novotný

Thank you for answer. I know about masks, but you have to draw/define the whole mask manually. I guess, Luminar has higher ambitions and could have better automatic (AI) solution for it.

Ok, I will hope, this feature will be available later in L4.

Elena Blum

You're right! All our plans pertain to Luminar as a universal editing platform, but also bringing our customers innovative and unique tools that were never seen before, so we'll be sure to consider implementing it in future releases. Thanks for using Luminar!

Would love an Airbrush feature to look like I have a tan --- My skin is so white BUT I do not want to alter the color of my clothes I am wearing so I need a way to isolate just my skin.... 

Tim Woodcock

Well, here we are 2 years on, now with the all-singing, all-dancing Luminar AI and still no 'skin tone' adjustment feature for portraits let alone find face, find eyes features.

I suspect that Luminar (Skylum) are deliberately shedding their serious user base by developing for the larger, more lucrative and more casual user who wants a quick fix with one button press and is happy to accept big compromises on their aspirations. These days I find Luminar AI falls short and I'm either dropping back to v4 or moving back into Photoshop.

Please sign in to leave a comment.