Photo library raw filter

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Steve Kruger

Hey Christopher...in L4 Library, in the menu bar, select View/Raw + JPEG Pairs/ and in there is "Show RAW only", "Show JPEG only" or "Show Separately" .... will this help you out. I don't shoot Raw + JPEG so can't test it out for you. Cheers

Comment actions Permalink
    Christopher Shoults

Hey Steve. Thanks for you comment. I have tried this and it does in fact show only the raw file of that particular photo, but it also shows all the rest of the jpegs in the l that folder. Ok lightroom, there is an option to only see raw files in that folder and it disregards any jpegs.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Christopher,

It sounds like the raw+jpg sorting isn't working properly. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so our techs can look into it.

Christopher Shoults

Hi Angela,

I believe my software is working okay, i'm just not explaining myself very well, sorry. 

Thinking about it recently, I think an easy solution for this would be to place a small indication in the thumbnail that it is a raw file. Maybe a small R in the corner. 

This is because in my folders, I have deleted the raw files of the photos that i'm not particularly interested in editing and just retaining the jpegs for these photos. Therefore, in Luminar, all my photos are mixed and the only way to distinguish between the jpegs and raws is to click on them and check the info tab. 

Hope this clears up my issue. A small issue it may be but it would greatly speed up my process.

Victoria Grace

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your useful suggestion! I'll forward it to our developers so that they consider it for our future updates.

As a workaround, you could try to mark your jpegs with our Color Label feature (https://prnt.sc/qf3rgd) to find them easier in your library afterward.

Please sign in to leave a comment.