Still waiting for tagging by keywords.

Answered

Comments

12 comments

Chris Edi

Oh yes, tagging and detailed exif information was were one of the goals, many 'influencers' expected in V.4

I'm wrong and still looking for an better alternative to Adobe Lightroom on my Mac.

Comment actions Permalink
    Erin Macalligan

Keyword tagging is Essential. Luminar definitely needs to get this feature added in as soon as possible. I see it as 100% necessary for my photo management. For me I'm just an amateur, and just use Old lightroom for personal photo organization. I'd prefer moving to Luminar, as the new lightroom is adobe cloud only (Major draw back), but losing keywords makes it a no go. So i'm stuck with old Lightroom.

Yes, I'm waiting too for tagging and filtering by tags, focal length and so on. I'm using Adobe Bridge at the moment. Adobe bridge is free, but an integrated tagging and filtering function would be better.

jpwinche

Agreed, keyword tagging is the best way to organize and find photos.  Really thought v.4 would have this feature.

Margaret Bright

Hi everyone,

I would like to ensure you that our team is working on implementing keyword tagging to Luminar. Please stay tuned!

Andrew Roper

I too had purchased the software as an alternative to Adobe Suite, fully expecting to be able to use it as a fling system for my photos using key words. Without that tool I might as well stay with using folders on an external drive and trying to remember where certain images are. I hope that feature will soon be added so that the time invested in learning the program is not wasted.

Pat Mavromatis

Hoping Keyword Tagging gets added soon, not in Luminar 5 though!!! Like the OP, that's major thing that's holding me back as well from using the software fully.

Erwin Kargl

@skylum push the DAM features, waiting for it since Luminar 3 was promised as a LR exchange.

Elena Blum

Hi Erwin, hi Pat,

I can definitely see how you would want to have a feature like that. It is on our to-do list and our tech team is working hard to make it available in the future. 

Philippe Steindl

It's a suggestion I'd like to subscribe to as well. I guess to enhance the somewhat simplistic library search options, we'd need tags that we can define somewhere in the options and then hose have to become selectable to add as meta data per photo, so we can add any (well a dozen or two should be enough I guess)  tags to images .. women, female, male, children, car, red, blue, house, building, city, bridge and so on.... that makes the library usable.

And one day ask Excire for their AI :P

Kurt Larson

Indeed. One of the reasons it would be great to add this feature is that review sites are saying that Luminar already has it. I would think that this could lead to purchases by people who will be more than a bit disappointed to find this is not true...

Example: photoworkout dot com /best-photo-organizing-software-mac/

Erin Macalligan

Great to hear that this is on the tech teams to do list, let's hope 🀞🀞 near the top of the list.

I also really hope this doesn't become a feature that has to be paid for with a new version of Luminar. 😬😬😬 πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’Έ

Please sign in to leave a comment.