Light grey "blotches" when zooming in at 100% Luminar skies?

Answered

Comments

18 comments

Anna V

Hi, 

Could you please send us the screenshot of the issue?

Here's how to make a screenshot on Mac:

1. Press Shift-Command-3.

2. Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mujabad1

Hello Anna,

Thank you for the quick response!

2x same image...full and zoomed 

As you can see, it' s even visible in the uncropped image. Like I said before...I do use sliders (like " Close gaps" and others; I know they interact), and sometimes those areas get smaller. But then they almost never seem to disappear. Maybe I' m not experienced enough with Luminar and you might give me a proper solution?

Mujabad1

You can see those areas/blotches all over...above the bushes in the distance. Especially on the left hand side in the sky...light grey areas, not part of the clouds. 

Thank you!

Anna V

@Mujabad1, it seems that you haven't attached the screenshot to your comment. 

Mujabad1

strange, because I can see them, when I open this forum. I' ll post them again.

Mujabad1

Mujabad1

Mujabad1

I can see them...but only if I am logged in. I hope you can now.

Mujabad1

Now I can see those last 2 posts (with images), also when not logged in. Hope you see them as well.

Mujabad1

So Anna...where are you?

Kate Williams

Hi, 

Could you please send us the original image you're working with via https://skylum.com/support so that we could test it on our end? 

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your request at https://skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Mujabad1

Hello Kate,

I just send you the original file (as requested by you).

I send it with WeTransfer and clicked Copy Link...pasted into my request at http://skylum.com/support .

I hope to read from you in short notice.

Thank you very much!

Mujabad1

So 10 days ago I send those files through WeTransfer.

Got a message back, that it was very busy at that moment. This week a new request from technical support ; the link had already expired so could I please send those files again. And right I did.

After that I received a new mail, asking if I could please describe what appears to be the issue. I answered: 

Well, I wrote about it in Luminar forum.
    Large grey blotches / grey areas on the horizon.
    Like I said in your forum. Also posted images there and they are VERY visible! 
    I cannot make them disappear. Tried several sliders to no avail.
    What more information do you want??
    A simple look at those images should be clear enough.

So far no reactions ....I hope I will get answers. If I' m the only one who sees these "blotches"  Light grey areas, then I' ll post those images on DPReview forum to see, if anyone else is seeing them as well. If nobody does, then I' ll contact my optician first and then my physician.....in that case something is seriously wrong with my eyes.

Helena Carter

Mujabad1,

We have replied to your Support request and asked for some additional  info. We really hope for your cooperation. 

Mujabad1

Hello Helena,

I' ve send 2/3 emails just now. I cooperate as much as I can, but like I said in those mails to technical support/you; you either see it, or you don' t . I do not use Dropbox or GoogleDrive. You can download my already send files (send them 2 times), and you will not have to worry about expiration of We Transfer files. So no need for Dropbox or GoogleDrive. Beside that they can be seen above in one of my posts here.

I also said in my mail to you:

Workflow:

1. Import single image

2. Choose Luminar Sky (mostly one of the " Dramatic Sunset")

3. There it is...blotches/grey areas in sky

I try different sliders ( close gaps/sky local/sky global/etc.), but I cannot get rid of those blotches totally. They show up many times.

Thank you.

Mujabad1

" Import Image"  should ofcourse be..." edit single image" (plus sign left hand top in Luminar)

Mujabad1

Just 3 questions:

1. Can you not see my images as posted in this post/thread? And then...can' t you see what I mean...those light grey areas above the horizon? They' re very big!

2. Can you not see it on the images I send directly to you through WeTransfer (2 times as requested by you)?

3. Is it impossible for you to download these files and take a closer look?

If so...please tell me and I can post and ask/search on other forums. After almost 2 weeks/numerous posts and threads/back and forth sending and asking, I really hope for your cooperation.

By the way...it' s not as extreme as showed here, in all images. 

Philippe CARON

j'ai eu aussi ce problème quand dans le ciel d'origine certaines zones sont grises pales et doivent être difficiles à déterminer pour l'IA si c'est du ciel ou pas..... et donc il décide sue NON et cela n'est pas ou mal traité.
    Mais je crois que c'est dans l'etat actuel des choses , la limite des capacités de l'IA.
    je crains qu'on doive attendre un progrès majeur.

Please sign in to leave a comment.