Dear Skylum and community,
I have put my hands on Luminar 4 and I find it great, I can see the incredible potential of the AI in photo editing, and I really want you to keep developing and improving this tools. They are simply great.
I have a list of complains and suggestions that I would like to share with you:
- I find frustrating that when I double click an image I cannot zoom it but instead it takes me to the library, why? What should be the logic behind it? It is important to have full control of the image with the mouse. When I edit an image I struggle in zoom in and when I am zoomed in I would like to grab it with the mouse and move it around.
- Another problem with controls is the button hitboxes. I often try to click some button and this is not activating, maybe because of a few pixels. It makes it frustrating to use it. If I click in the proximity of something I do not expect to have to be precise like if I am playing some FPS Shooter games :), please make it a bit more forgiving
- Sliders, another problem with controls is that is VERY hard to fine-tune the slider's values. In Capture One one of the greatest features is that if your mouse cursor is on a slider and you use the mouse scroll, you can fine-tune the value because it change the slider by +1 or -1, you do not even have to click and this feature is one of the greatest to have a fast workflow
- At the moment Luminar 4 is really really unstable, yesterday I imported a 100 jpg photos (around 3mb) for each and I experienced more than 10 crashes in 3 hours, this has to be fixed, but I am sure you are already working on it.
3 Improvement of tools:
- As said before I love your IA tools, they are GREAT but also not always perfect, often with the sky replacement, it misses just by a bit some features. What you can do is paint out the mask there, but it drives to a problem, if I paint out the mask, then also the relight is not going to work anymore. It would be great if we could access the ability to change the "Sky" mask or the "Face", "Eyes" masks in order to fine-tune where it is not working as it should.
I know that the interface can become a bit less userfriendly, but it could be under the advanced option tabs :).
- I realized that the portrait mode is recognizing just 1 face at the time, I understand the constraints of that kind of interface, but can we have something that recognizes more than one for time? At weddings, Luminar 4 can become a MUST tool saving ton of time, but you have always more than one person for photos.
- I would love to see Luminar 4 also on tablets and smartphones!
I will give more feedback on time by using it. I would really like to see an AI content aware filter in the future and it would be great if the AI replacement could also recognize the reflections and operate also on them.
Post is closed for comments.