Luminar 4 - multiple stuck/dead pixels in images

Answered

Comments

16 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Iain and Daniel,

We'll be happy to look into this for you. Please send an image where this is occurring along with a screenshot showing the dead pixels in Luminar and our techs will investigate. You can email them to support@skylum.com. If they are too large to email you can use WeTransfer.com and then include the download link in your email to our support team.

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into an email to support@skylum.com.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Daniel Oppl

Yes, I do have the same problem and i can reproduce it with any portrait picture. Those dead (red green blue) pixels appear almost every time when applying the portrait enhancer tool. At the moment it is not possible to work with this version. I tried it with my imac and macbook. I even tried it without graphic card rendering and also tried it as plugin in apple´s photos. Always the same failures.

Ricardo León

I have the same problem. It does not happen every time but randomly... Mainly in the dark shadows or blacks. Color pixels appear like clusters, not all together but scattered: red, green and blue.

Eric Rowell

Has there been any update on this? I just downloaded a trial and I'm having the same issues. I'll email support as mentioned above, but I'm curious to know if anyone has figured it out.

If I see them, I can use the mask feature to focus on the face, and then the pixels disappear, but that won't really help if I'm trying to bulk update pictures.

Margaret Bright

Hi Eric,

Regrettably, this issue is still a work in progress. Our team is doing their best to get this fixed ASAP, but at this time there's still no precise ETA on this matter.

Duc Vu Anh

There is too much of problem with AI portrait enhancer.

- AI Skin enhancer create pixel noise on low key images. Mostly at the darket part with random white and color pixels.
    - eye enhancer and face slimmer render the image preview (at fit screen mode) unsharp

:(

Duke Morse

Having the same issues of dead pixels in the shadows.  Very frustrating having to clean up an image that was already cleaned up to begin with.

Roman Pavluv

+1, I have same problems with dead pixels on my iMac using Luminar 4.3.0 (7031)

Sean Foo

Started to see the same problem, randomly. I have the latest Luminar 4.3.0 (7031), to get rid of the pixel issue I have to view another image and come back, it also happen to the exported JPEG file

Kate Williams

Hi Sean, 

Please follow the instructions provided by my colleague Angela in the pinned post to submit the image file and screenshot to us: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006690159/comments/360001038760 

We'll look into this issue. Thanks!

Sean Foo

Done sending the email.

Rafal Maka

The same here, up to date version and problem still exist. The pixels appear in black areas.

Brett Pearce

I have experienced this problem as well in both Luminar 4 and now in Luminar AI. There is significant noise in the shadowy areas. I do my RAW processing in Capture One and then edit a JPG in Luminar. Editing the JPG in Luminar produces noise, while editing that same JPG in Capture One does not, even when boosting shadows or increasing the exposure to an extreme level.

Daniel Oppl

Oh no. I was hopping for Lumninar AI to work. This will make me wait for a fix, before I buy. I love the Luminar workflow, but it is not useable this way. Sad. Please support, fix this problem :-D 

Rafal Maka

I noticed that, if I don't clip blacks when pre-editing in Lightroom, I don't get those artefacts in Luminar

Ricardo León

I upgraded to Luminar AI and the issue is there, specially in the dark areas: multiples dots or pixels in raw colors like blue, green or red, in scattered clusters. This is not new and I did hope the upgrade appeared with the issue already fixed but it looks well will have to wait more. I'd appreciate, if somebody knows, could tell us if this issue is being addressed by Skylum teams.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo León

Please sign in to leave a comment.