Can't post to SmugMug

Answered

Comments

24 comments

• Official comment
    Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! We have forwarded this case to our technical department. We will make sure that this issue is fixed.

If you have any questions, please reach our support team: https://skylum.com/support

Comment actions Permalink

+1 same here

Gizella Nyquist

+1 same here

Wolfgang Jarcik

+1 same here

Wolfgang Jarcik

I suspect that in smugmug-account an appropriate permission is missing. However these should get there. My account looks like this:

Sounds reasonable, but how can i add new services to this section?

Wolfgang Jarcik

I think that would actually make the plugin of Luminar, at least Lightroom does that. I'm curious if anyone from Skylum has anything to say.

Kirk Osborn

This issue should be fixed by now. Please try signing in again.

Eduardo Mueses

Please be aware that there is an update (Version 4.40.0 (5380), that was not inherently apparent until you hit Luminar 4 >> Check for update.

But then again, no cigar. Same error as before. "There was an error on the server"

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Kirk,

Absolutely nothing has changed, the mistake is the same.

Andrew Hutyera

Same here. Tried uploading through the tool bar as well as via "share" under the file menu. Same result. Just installed the update but that didn't change anything. Couldn't get in either way and got the same image as shown in Eduardo's first post to this thread.

I'm running Version 4.0.0 (5380), no post to Smugmug possibe due to this error.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Well, I've tried it with Luminar 3 now, but as I expected, it does not work either. I think I already know the answer: stay tuned, end of the year .....

Andrew Hutyera

I tried with both 3 and 4. Three never worked and four produces the error screen you show. Running on an older MacBook Pro with High Sierra 10.13.6

Wolfgang Jarcik

Actually, nothing works right here, I have enough now and give up soon.

Wolfgang Jarcik

KIRK,

...und schon eine Idee?

Wolfgang Jarcik

no answers to our questions, as well as no comments from the support. I have also reported that to the support and also received no answer from there. ....... Stay Tuned !!!!

Elena Blum

Hi ,

It may be due to the limitations that SmugMug automatically imposes on Luminar due to its security settings. 

Please try the following:

1. Log in to your Smug Mug account using a web browser: https://secure.smugmug.com/login 
    2. Access your Account Settings (see the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ov5l60
    3. Switch to the Privacy Tab. 
    4. Scroll down to the list of Authorized Services and locate Luminar there: http://prntscr.com/ov5n9v 
    5. Click on "Change" to edit the permissions and set "Full" access and "Add" permissions, see: http://prntscr.com/ov5o7t. Click Save.
    6. Launch Luminar and try to perform export once again. 
    Eduardo Mueses

That would be true if Luminar  was there to begin with. Regrettably, Luminar does not show on the list of authorized Services. I believe Luminar 4 needs to ask first for access and then it would show there for us to change the access level.

Here is the list on my account:

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Elena-Blum,

please have a look on my entry above !!! There is a screenshot where you can see that Luminar does not manage to create an entry. Therefore, we can not justify anything, we would certainly have done it alone.

Can't post to SmugMug

I have exactly the same problem

Wolfgang Jarcik

Although it will take some time again I am curious who will read this problem next from Skylum. And then write that it should work now. The support has still not responded, well there are enough other issues that are also important.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Ich habe jetzt eine Antwort vom Skylum-Support:

Was SmugMug betrifft, passiert es mit allen Bildern oder nur Bestimmten? Sind sie in Ihrem Luminar 4 Ordner oder haben Sie diese als SIngleEdits hinzugefügt?

Versuchen Sie bitte zur Bibliothek Aussicht wechseln und die Bilder zu SmugMug nochmal zu senden - https://prnt.sc/q2rcdg

Lassen Sie uns wissen, wie es funktioniert hat!

Eigentlich lustig oder? und dies obwohl ich bei meiner Anfrage vor einigen Tagen auf diese Forumsbeiträge hingewiesen habe. Dass es sich eigentlich um ein Problem der Authentifizierung handelt haben sie scheinbar nicht gelesen oder gesehen. 

Andrew Hutyera

I tried all the above suggestions but was never able to access my existing Smugmug account. Just got a reply from Skylum with the exact same suggestion as Eduardo's post above. It still did not work for me. As an experiment I decided to avail myself of the offer for a free Smugmug account and set up a new account under a different e-mail and password. I am now able to post directly to that account from within Luminar 4. Still unable to post to my original Smugmug account. Haven't a clue what is going on. Next I will try to explore merging my existing account contents into the new account and terminating my old account.

Post is closed for comments.