I agree. Luminar 4 is too slow on Windows 10

Answered

Comments

20 comments

• Official comment
    Kate Williams

Hi, 

While the first iteration of Luminar 4 was focused mainly on creating the new unique features that bring creative value, the following updates will target the performance and the stability of the application. We already 

For now, we recommend working with several catalogs containing fewer photos and ensuring that your system is up-to-date and meets our required specs. Using the internal drive to keep your photos and catalog is helpful too. 

@Antonio, as for the export, please ensure that your antivirus is not blocking the app; that you have all the read-and-write permissions for the export directory; attempt exporting from a new catalog (File > Catalog > New). 

If all of these are checked, please, contact us at https://skylum.com/support

Comment actions Permalink
    Jere Laaksonen

L4 is in fact just updated L3. If u ask about it from any coder who knows thing or two they can confirm that.

Ahmad J A Alnusif

I found that browsing photos inside Luminar 4 was very slow. And opening a photo takes a long time (usually more than 20 seconds) while my CPU is hitting 100%.

Are there any tricks to making it faster?

Frederic Valade

Same problem, With .rw2 files :

Ryzen 3600, only SSD, nvidia 1070, 16go RAM

And i need 6/10sec for correctly display 1 picture

it's totally unacceptable !!!!!!!!!!

I never had this problem with other software

Antonio Frasnedo

I have the same problem, not only is the loading of the images, the UI takes a long time to render. The export to JPG continues to not work. Very disappointed, it has never happened to me with other programs. I think this software is not finished and should not be sold.

Davide Selmin

I too detect the same issue.

robert Blanc

You are lucky because you say it's very slow but it works.I have so much crashes  

Davide Selmin

I don't think it's a very serious answer. if you release a software (at that price, then) the same must be working regularly. my copies are crashing all the time

Robert Turner

I have the same problem with NIKON NEF files. 4/10 seconds to get the photo in focus when scrolling thru the Library in single image mode

Antti Hiillosmäki

L4 has crashed around 5 times after installation in 18th day. Mostly it just shutsdown to desktop , but once there was some error pop up window . It could be also little bit faster, but I like the software otherwise.

Slawek Maciag

I think we are all on the same boat. This is a half baked product. I tried it on 4 different PCs with top specifications. New drivers everything up to date. I can run on all of them everything you can think of video/photo editors, games all in ultra setting 4k, graphic design you name it smoothly. And this is is just unbelievable. 16 cores are 100% involved / staggering with me trying just zoom the pictures in and out. Few minutes later program crashes. I mean really. Just do something about it and don't tell my to upgrade my drivers because there is nothing more up to date than I already have.

Andrew Smith

Where can we get a refund?

Performance is non existing!! 

Guy Meacham

@kate Williams : 

While the first iteration of Luminar 4 was focused mainly on creating the new unique features that bring creative value, the following updates will target the performance and the stability of the application. 

This is exactly what we were told about L3 when it was introduced and that still doesn't work for most people. You took the same broken engine and instead of fixing it first built an new fancy exterior around it. Fool me once and all that!

Antonio Frasnedo

Kate Williams My antivirus is not blocking Luminar, if you have patience one in ten times generates the jpg file.

I can not get out of my amazement, reading in your comment that the first iteration is to show new features. The version that you have released in the company that I work would not pass or an Alpha version. If in the next iterations you increase the quality of the Luminar 4 as much as you did in the previous version, I of the people who have paid would demand that the money be returned. By the way I see that the Mac version has identical problems.

I have to admit that Skylum's digital marketing department is good, I wonder how much they pay to those who write or upload videos saying that their software is fantastic, it must be a lot because to create a video in which Luminar does not fail you must cost hours

Finally, I encourage people who are reading this to try DoX Photolab, I am testing it and the truth is I think I will buy it, I am very happy with the results, after the experience with Skylum I will make sure before paying the license, I will You can download a 30-day trial version.

Joshua Garvin

I'm embarrassed that I gave this company another chance.

They have completely lost my trust. I am currently uninstalling luminar and Aurora 2018.

I am currently perusing a refund.  They promise at least a 30 day money back guarantee.

Dave

I absolutely LOVE this software.  But, it is very, very slow here as well.  I9-9900K, 32 GB HyperG RAM, on High performance SSD with an Nvidia 8 GB 1080 Super.  I really expected to be flying through theese edits, but...it is confusing.  It's like I am running a 10 year old computer, but this rig is less than a week old.

I sure hope a patch is coming.  Or maybe finding out it's using just one core and no GPU by mistake.

Reino Shz

Kate Williams When can we expect the first "stability & performance update"?
    Performance on windows is as bad as in Luminar 3.

Ryzen 2700X
    32 GB RAM
    Samsung 1 TB 970 Evo (NVME)
    GTX 980ti

Joe Mcdonald

You will have to get a  quantum computer to run the product...good luck

Marty D

Go to virtual memory. Increase the page file by 50%.

Dave

Marty I have 32 GB of memory. I don't need a pagefile increase.... The software needs a huge rewrite.

Post is closed for comments.