Anyone without performance issues?

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Frederic Valade

I have a good PC (Ryzen 3600 / nvidia1070 / 16GB RAM) and luminar 4 is still slow.

The problem does not come from your computer

Comment actions Permalink

OK. I was hoping to find some model that works fine. :-(

robert Blanc

The problem is not the PC but the software

I have 3 PC under Windows 10 one is a laptop Luminar 4 is very slow and I have crashes, second one is a desktop with AMD CPU very fast but Luminar has a lot of crashes and third one is a desktop with INTEL CPU and Luminar 4 has a lot of crashes too 

Michael

First I have to say that I am using Luminar for only five weeks now. I started with a trial Version of Luminar 3.1.3 on Windows 10. I imported about 7000 photos and played around with it for a week. It works quite well in the first week so I decided to buy the combo offer for Luminar 3 and 4.

In the following weeks until Luminar 4 was released I worked with Luminar 3 several times. Some functions were a bit slow and Luminar 3 seems to "think" for 2 or 3 seconds until it respond. I had 2 application crashes in this time. So I began to doubt if it was a good idea to buy the combo offer. I am working with Lightroom for six years now. I figured out that Luminar 3 works much better on my setup if I do not use the filmstrip view and the Luminar looks preview.

Two days ago wenn Luminar 4 was released I installed the new version on my computer in parallel to Luminar 3. I had no problems doing so and it takes only a minute. The Luminar 3 catalog was converted to Luminar 4 in about 30 seconds.

My first impression with Luminar 4 is that it is much more responsive that version 3 on my computer. I have edited a few pictures so far, mainly portrait. The new AI skin and face enhancement features are working realy well. No crashes so far. The new interface to the right is much more intuitive to work with than the old one. I do not use the filmstrip view and the Luminar looks preview in Luminar 4 too.

Because of the fact that I have read about so many problems with Luminar on Windows in this forum I decided to post my setup. Maybe it helps somebody to decide if the own setup fits for Luminar 4.

Hardware: Intel Core i7 8th Gen. six-core, 16GB RAM, very fast Samsung PCIe NVMe SSD as primary drive (Luminar program and catalog), Nvidia Gefore GTX1050 4GB VRAM, internal harddisk (pictures)

Software: Windows 10 Pro latest version an updates, Lightroom 6.14, Office 365, Firefox, a few tools from Nikon, Fujifilm, Samsung and WD, Irfanview, drivers for printer and scanner - and nothing else

I wish you all the best
    Michael

Marty D

Go to virtual memory. Increase page file by 50%.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

We're working hard on the next update which will address performance and stability. We're aiming to release it by the end of the year. If there are any specific issues you'd like us to address please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can help.

Post is closed for comments.