Before/After bar stuck at the edge of the picture

Answered

Comments

23 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi! 
    Our technical department has managed to reproduce the issue, it will definitely be fixed in one of the upcoming updates.

In the meantime, we'd recommend maximizing the window of the program / zooming out the displayed image.

Comment actions Permalink
    L

I have had the same problem. MBP 2017, Mojave, Sony A6500.

Solved it by getting rid of L4...

James Fisher

Get the same on my Mac. If you drag the bar either far left or far right it sticks. You then can't use it until you restart the app.

Alina Skylum

Hi Paolo, James, 

I've tested that on my Mac and was unable to reproduce the issue.

Could you please try to create a new catalog this way: File > Catalog > New, add just one photo by clicking on File > Edit Single Image.

If the issue persists, please, provide us with the screen recording of the issue as we need to see the exact behavior of the app.

Here's how to record your screen on Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request via https://skylum.com/support

Moreover, please specify your hardware specs:

Click on Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen, click About This Mac, and make a screenshot of the window that opens. Check out this article (click this text to open link) about making screenshots on Mac if you need help with that. Attach the screenshot to your request.

Bill H

I just tried it.  I'm not seeing that issue on my Mac either.  It seems to work as it should.

James Fisher

What triggers it for me is releasing the mouse button. i.e. drag the bar as far left or right as you can then release your mouse button. Then return to it and try and move the bar again. On mine, it is forever stuck in that position until I exit the app.

I have created a new catalog and added a single image. It still happens.

Bill H

I just tried it again several times, making sure to release the mouse button; I can't make it get stuck like yours - It works consistently ok on my Mac.

James Fisher

Alina, ticket raised.

Bill, what type of image files are you testing with? Nikon RAW here.

Bill H

Sony uncompressed RAW and JPG files.  What is the exact model of your Nikon camera and I'll go grab a sample raw image from the web and try it with that for you ok?

James Fisher

It's a Nikon D7500. Would be a good test, thanks, Bill!

Bill H

Hi James, ok I managed to grab a sample .nef from a D7500 and imported it into my library.  I still can't replicate your issue - working perfectly again.  Definitely worth trying though - head scratcher!

Bill H

What OS are you running on your Mac?  Catalina?

James Fisher

Yes, Catalina. I have my other mac that I use when I travel that's still on Mojave, might install Luminar 4 there, see if it's the same.

Bill H

Sounds like a plan - good luck

Paolo Farinella

I am on Catalina, DNG RAW files created in Lightroom from Canon CR3 files. Even with a new catalog, as soon as I release the mouse, the bar gets stuck

Bill H

Hi Paolo, I just tried again whilst editing a .CR3 file  (didn't get around to converting it to DNG yet), all still working ok!  This issue is perhaps not image file related, but it was worth trying a few different combinations anyway :)

James Fisher

I'm on my MacBook Air running Mojave now. Interesting, I can't recreate the issue. Also, Luminar runs surprisingly well given that it has half the CPU/storage speed and RAM of my MacBook Pro.

Kirk Osborn

Please try reinstalling Luminar. We recommend doing a full uninstall with AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

James Fisher

I've carried out the steps above and reinstalled Luminar on the MacBook Pro that is having this issue. Hasn't solved it. The bar still gets stuck.

Some extra info. The behaviour is different with different images.

I've been investigating this issue with 5 favourite images, three are Nikon D7500 RAW (NEF), 1 is a JPG from a OnePlus 5, the other a JPG from a OnePlus 3.

The OnePlus 5 image never locks the bar. Also once the bar has got stuck in any of the other images, if I click on the OnePlus 5 image, it works again.

Angela Andrieux

Hi James,

Please reach out to www.skylum.com/support so we can further investigate the issue.

James Fisher

Hi. Already done, I've raised a ticket with video of the issue and mac specs.

Peter Bruckmann

Hi, I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Running Catalina. Skylum, I've seen a few similar posts, any resolution?

Wolfgang Jarcik
    Yes, I already had this problem in Luminar 3 and of course also in Luminar 4 and no matter whether old or new catalog. No matter if jpg, raw, tiff or dng. It only worked when Luminar was used as a plugin from Lightroom. I always had the problem when is use Luminar stand-alone.

Post is closed for comments.