In Luminar 4 I can't find several of my favorite filters from Luminar 3

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Louis Lavoie

Look in my previous post titled Deprecated Tools.  You will find part of the answer.  

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Allen,

There have indeed been some changes in Luminar 4. You can find a comparison list of filters in Luminar 3 and how they translate to Luminar 4 here: https://media.macphun.com/uploads/uploads/skylum/pdf/Onboarding_Luminar_4_Blog_Post-2.pdf

To address your specific questions:

Polarizing filter is no longer available - we recommend using the AI Sky Enhancer instead

High Key can be found in Portrait > High Key

Image Radiance has been renamed to Mystical and can be found in Creative > Mystical

Channel Mixer has been removed - however, if this was a significant part of your workflow please let us know a bit more about how you used it so we can pass the recommendation to our developers to bring it back.

HSL can be found under Essentials > Color > Advanced Settings

Highlights/Shadows is found in Essentials > Light. If you'd like to add an additional instance of this tool, please add an adjustment layer and use the Light tool.

Eric Adauto

Hi,

I also was looking for channel mixer and is disappointing it is not there anymore.

When you are trying to work with Infra Red pictures one of the steps is to use channel mixer to invert the red & Blue channel. This tool was very useful, now I need to do this on alternative software or go back to version 3.

Can it be added back? I'm really considering V3 was much more powerful and easy to use than this new version :( 

Austin Miller

Hi Eric. I will pass your concerns to our tech department and we will take them into further consideration!

Please sign in to leave a comment.