Luminar 4 - Sky Replacement Artifacts

Answered

Comments

8 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support ad send the original images via DropBox or Googledrive so we could look deeper into the issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    Christopher Lord

I have just done some further research using several other images on 2 different Macs. The artifacts seem to be very much more noticeable on images taken on an Olympus TG5 (which as a quite small 1/2/3rds compact camera sized sensor) than they are on those taken on a Panasonic G6 or an Olympus OMD EM 1 Mk 2 both of which have identical 4/3rds sized sensor albeit that the Olympus OMD EM 1 Mk 2 has a much higher resolution one.

Consequently I have now come to the tentative conclusion that the quality of the original image and the replacement sky images are of prime importance. It is not only advantageous to have both the original image and the replacement sky image the same size, but ideally they also need to have been taken on cameras with identical or very similar resolution sensors.

However the "halo" effect does exist whatever image size/camera sensor size combination is used even though it is much improved with very high quality images and using the AI Sky Replacement does, in all cases, degrade the image slightly.

Greg Boyle

I am also seeing sky replacement artifacts at the horizon line when zooming into 100% or more. I have used every slider available to try and fix this occurrence with no success.  It would be nice to know how to avoid this problem!

Christopher Lord

Hi helena , I have sent Support  2 messages one reference this thread and the other contains a dropbox link.

Kate Williams

Hi Greg,

Please provide us with both the original image and your sky texture sample via https://skylum.com/support. 

@Christopher, as far as I can see, some additional info is required, so please follow-up with our team.

Christopher Lord

The info requested has already been submitted.

Rene Diaz

Christopher: 

I get these Wormy artifacts when using Luminar AI and Neo.  It is not encouraging that you posted over two years ago, and the question has not been answered and apparently the problems with this software have not been fixed.  What causes them, and how do you fix it? 

Christopher Lord

Rene

I regret to say that, despite having some very nice features, I finally gave up on Luminar/Skylum because of their inability or unwillingness to effectively resolve bugs and glitches. I decided they had had more than enough of my money and that there were better programs such as Affinity which served my purpose equally well.

Sorry that I cannot help you further.

Please sign in to leave a comment.