Windows user asking: Are you Mac users happy with the software and Skylum support?

Answered

Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Alina Skylum

Hi folks, 

We’re very sorry indeed to hear about your bad experience. Most of our customers’ feedback has been well pleased with this release, but clearly you have had quite a few problems, and we hear you and absolutely would like to help you solve them. 

Due to our broad customer base, it may sometimes take a couple of days to respond to more complex issues like yours, but please know that we take all of our users feedback seriously and are ready to help fix whatever the issue is.

Please make sure to send us as many details as possible regarding the issues you've experienced via https://skylum.com/support 

Comment actions Permalink
    Bill H

Yes we absolutely love L4 over here on the Macs!  We just played along with all of your complaining to make you guys feel a bit better ;)

I have the highest 2019 iMac with a maxed out spec!  Luminar 4 is very sluggish, clearly not optimised and can be randomly unstable.  A few times I've had the app just drop out and completely disappear on me whilst partially through an edit, leaving me looking at my desktop wallpaper!  I can't find any particular thing that I can do to replicate the issue and make it crash every time though, so my confidence levels are not high!

Bill H

I'm right at the point of dropping back to Luminar 3, they've pretty much killed it for me.  I don't like the changes to the filters and the lack of workspaces.  One of the things I love with L3 is the speed you can get things done.  Honestly believe Luminar 3 should still be the current latest version with some spit and polish to fix and improve it.  The Sky/Portrait stuff could have just been put into a separate plugin/standalone and I'd probably have loved that too.

Andy H

I'll keep it simple - no and no. Some Mac users like me are having serious performance issues and Skylum support keep churning out the same scripted, "we have updates coming" or "you must use smaller catalogs" responses. They're using the same playbook for Luminar 4 and they did for Luminar 3.

I'm not sure what's happening at Skylum, when they were MacPhun and only did Mac development their products were innovative and rock solid, since they've gone cross platform (no offence Windows users!) they've messed up both. 

Jim West

A big NO from me. This software could be so great but Skylum has totally lost there way. When they were just a plug-in editor to Adobe LR, L18 was awesome. But the DAM is a disaster and they don’t seem to have any intention of fixing that on L3 or L4?   

- no file names display

-.tiff thumbnails do not display

- Magic Mouse jumps around

Slow slow slow !

And on it goes!

Wolfgang Jarcik

yes, I am almost completely in agreement, crashes I have no but everything is very slow (as in Luminar 3).

When editing the images jump around (a problem with the Magic Mouse - the correction is promised for months).

For questions usually comes a standard answer, such as. we want to fix this by the end of the year, stay tuned.

We have received a subscription for Smugmug, only from Luminar 4 or 3 does not work.

I would like to delete pictures only from the catalog and not the file itself - not even possible.

The workspace takes a lot of getting used to and was a lot better in Luminar 3 because it was individually customizable. ..... and so on

and as I said: slowly, slowly, slowly .....

Ian Manocha

My experience over a few weeks since buying L3 & L4 upgrade.

I preferred the L3 interface over L4. The tools are powerful and the software shows enormous promise and market potential BUT:

L3 on Mac consistently crashed, for me largely when in crop tool

L3 & L4 performance appalling on edit, browse and export. So slow as to be virtually unusable.

Maxes out processor and fans constantly. I have i9 with big SSD and 32Gb memory so no excuses.

Multiple copies of images appearing in library view. Unusable

Customer support - no-response. Suspect they are fed up with the problems as well.

Company - clearly product development and quality issues here. But also commercial strategy and customer care failings. Feels to me like a leadership and culture problem.

I've given up and am now evaluating my options

Post is closed for comments.