I purchased a Skies pack from your marketplace. How do I load them?

Comments

9 comments

Roy Blackwell

You can put them in any folder of your choosing. When you select "Load Custom Sky image..." you simply navigate to the folder you put them in.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mark Meyer

For clarification... Are you saying that the premium Sky packs that I purchased will NOT be available from the pull-down menu under AI Sky Replacement?

Is it correct to say that I will need to go outside the program [to the .jpg holder folder] and try sort through them there, find the one I want, and import it in on a per-use basis?  Then, if I don't like the results, I will need to repeat the process until I'm satisfied?

Boy, I was hoping to be able to load them into the program, like Looks & LUTs packs, so they would be 'One-Click Simple'.

Roy Blackwell

Well, you could, if using Windows, put them in the same folder with the default ones. That said, your sky files list could get very long. This is what I found:

1)  C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\profiles\SkyTextures  <-- default sky file location

2) There are category folders inside the SkyTextures folder holding sky texture files.

3) These same sky textures are also all located in the SkyTextures folder itself (thus into two locations)

4) I created a 'My Skies' folder inside of the SkyTextures folder and put a few sky photos in it. Also put the same files inside the SkyTextures folder.

5) Started Luminar 4 and went to Sky Replacement and my sky files were added to the list.

Not sure why the category folders exist except maybe part of a future enhancement.

In the end, I deleted (after backing up in a new location) the default sky files/folders and removed my additions. Now the Sky Textures list has no files showing and the 'Load Custom Sky Image..." selection is near the top and easily accessible without scrolling to the end of the list. A future update may put them back, but I will delete them again.

Dawn Barton

I was wondering the same thing. I just bought it and can not figure out how to put them in with Luminar 4. it came with no instructions and I can't find nothing on the web. I have a MAC

Mark Meyer

Thanks for your response, Roy.  Good information and logic.

I'm on a Mac and I'm sure there must be a similar folder structure, but I haven't spotted it yet.  I was hoping someone would be able to direct me to the path.  Once discovered, I hope to construct a similar file structure to access my Favorite Skys.

I must admit, I am new to Luminar and I have not yet developed my work-flow patterns.  I'm just trying to figure things out at this point.  So far I'm VERY impressed.

Steve Ratts

Dawn Barton, there's a similar way if you're using a MAC that was previously posted on this forum. It involves clicking on the L4 app and opening it's contents (the .app file is really a package with folders inside it). The process is not quite as obvious as it is with Windows, but is functionally the same. You just need to get to the folder where the files are held and place your skies there.

Mark Meyer

Thank You, Helga,

That is just what I was looking for!

Kai Sorensen

I happened to have a big collection of sky images and have now  added them to Skylum4 running on my iMac .works fine

Please sign in to leave a comment.