Call to Skylum to extend 30 money-back guarantee to 30 days after the "end-of-year" bug fix release

Comments

11 comments

Luca Santirocco

Really good idea.

Comment actions Permalink
    Thomas Aumüller

This is a very good idea.
    I 100% agree with you. I would consider this "thing" they released as an open beta and be happy to report everything so they can fix it. If they disagree I will for sure want my money back.
    Perhaps I will buy it in half a year or so, when the things have been fixed. Obviously we early adoptors paid and trusted too early.

Let's see how much they trust in their bugfixing and understanding of their userbase by extending the money back policy.

Gary Sibio

Yes, an excellent idea.

Kim Austin

Totally agree!

Steve Reich

Based on the number of people that signed up early (my self included) this sounds very reasonable.

Yes, I'm in agreement! 

As it is L4 cannot be used as a professional (or even semi pro) tool. At best, a plugin for PS and other image editors where a quick on the fly fix is required.

The sky replacement is almost useless — it doesn't completely replace the existing sky ... leaves traces (and I'm talking about existing skys that have very little density, the reason why one would want to replace a sky).

Numerous other deficiencies — CA removal is hit and miss, lack of colour profiles, slow to output 6000 x 4000 pixel tif files etc, etc. The more I explore L4 the more I regret purchasing a license. 

Unless there's a major bug fix / upgrade to L4 I won't even consider L5. 

Edit: Re Sky replacement Ai - What I'm referring to is the main sky area ie sky replacing sky. Not areas where there's tree leaves, branches etc. So far the AI works quite well in those areas.

Another thing that annoys me is when I log in here to post I have to edit my profile from member to my name ... every single time! 

I completely agree!

Frederic Valade

+1

O. Jung

Good Idea!

Mike Hardisty

After all the problems with L3 and broken promises from Skylum I decided not to upgrade to L4. Reading all the posts on here about L4 performance issues I think I made the right decision.

I waited beyond the 30 day period for a refund for L3 based on promised updates to L3. When they didn't materialise I tried for a refund. Guess what? "you're beyond the 30 day refund period". 

Joshua Garvin

I noticed that they put this "promised fix" after the 30 day policy expires.

Probably to retain as many people's $$ as possible.

It sounds like upper management are a bunch of greedy "you know whats" who just want to crank out a new version of Luminar every year.

The pitch meeting was probably like "We need these new features done by Christmas next year!  we need new $$"

Programmers: "But we still need to get Lumianr 3 stabl--"

Management:  "Just get these features done!  we'll patch the stability issues later!"

I'm embarrassed that I gave this company another chance.

To Customer service:  Sorry guys I want my refund, no waiting no negotiations, I'm gone.

Please sign in to leave a comment.