Comments

14 comments

Mark Christy

Following.  I have the same issue.  I want to load them all in the lut's folder

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

On Windows, the default LUTS are in this folder: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\Data\LutFiles.  You can put other LUTS in this default folder but realize Skylum does not advise doing this. Apparently, there is some kind of limit. A future update/patch could also restore this folder to the defaults.

Etienne Grosjean

What about Mac?

Lynne Pariseau

yes, how do you load them on a Mac - and can you load all at once not just one when you need it?

Lynne Pariseau

I can't even find a Luts folder in Luminar 4.  where is it?

Roy Blackwell

I do not have a MAC but found this by searching the Luminar MAC forum. Maybe it will give you MAC users a clue how to locate the folder.

Go to Applications folder > right-click on Luminar 4▸ Show Package Contents▸ Contents⁩ ▸ ⁨Frameworks⁩ ▸ ⁨MPLuminar2018Resources.framework⁩ ▸ ⁨Versions⁩ ▸ ⁨A⁩ ▸ ⁨Resources⁩ ▸ DefaultLUTs⁩

Etienne Grosjean

It seem to work. There is a little difference: instead of MP-Luminar2018Resources.framework use MPLuminar4Resources.framework

Lynne Pariseau

good idea - but there is a part that is missing "MPluminar2018Resources.framework".  - note the 2018 - that should not be there

see below

Lynne Pariseau

now my question is, in Luminar 4, where do you even find the category with LUTS in them. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the new categories of filters.

Lynne Pariseau

Etienne - where do you even find the LUTS folder in Luminar 4 - I looked through all the newly arranged categories and don't see the word LUTS anywhere.

thanks

Lynne

Etienne Grosjean

In Creative go to Color Styles (LUT)

Lynne Pariseau

got your email --  - thanks -- now I'm wondering what good they actually do? obviously I'm not using them properly.   If I have a photo, choose LUT, fool around with sliders - it makes almost no difference at all - so I'm thinking what's the point?  I'm thinking I wasted my money on buying a set of LUTS.

Jeff Lambert

Hey Lynne, you can't edit a LUTs in Luminar, they are a set of instructions that tell every pixel in your image to be transformed (color-wise only, not distorted) in a specific way. You can create LUTs with Photoshop or use dedicated software like 3DLut Creator Pro which gives you even more control and ways to control colors and tones. Normally, LUTs are applied on top of everything (at least that's the way it works in Lightroom) and it seems to be the same way in Luminar. So, for example, if you have a LUT that is for a Matte look, reducing the black to about 80% and raising your whites to 10% to reduce overall contrast. If you try to get your blacks higher than that 80%, it won't work, because the LUT is on TOP of every adjustment you make and it says, don't go higher than 80%. Same thing if you modify your blues to be green, you would not be able to have blues in your image because of the LUT that tells every blue to be green.

LUTs are great to get a look in one click, BUT, they are not preset where you can tweak every setting and are more of a starting point.

I hope that clears things up for you.:-)

Lynne Pariseau

thanks, Jeff

Lynne

Please sign in to leave a comment.