Trouble Connecting Error During Install

Answered

Comments

9 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Dustin,

It looks like I accidentally gave instructions for Mac rather than Windows. Please give this alternate installer a try: https://downloads.skylum.com/aurorahdr/win/1.0.0/AuroraHDR_Setup_Offline.exe

If the issue persists, please reach out to www.skylum.com/support and we'll take a deeper look at the issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    hope nguyen

Angela Andrieux

Hi Katie,

Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall and temporarily turn the firewall off. If you have any antivirus software, disable it and try again. If the steps above didn't work and you're located in Russia, try using a VPN. Unfortunately, our servers are blocked in your country.

In case the issue persists:

• open Finder
    • click Go > Go to Folder
    • in the window that opens type in /etc and press Enter on your keyboard
    • in the folder that opens locate a file named hosts, copy it somewhere where you can easily find it, and send it to us at support@skylum.com
    dustin white

Having same issue i shut off all firewalls  

what do you mean open finder   it wont even install on my pc 

Helena Carter

Hi Dustin,

Please reach out to www.skylum.com/support and we'll take a deeper look at the issue.

Joshua Timothy

I can confirm. The default online installer does not install Aurora HDR 2019. It says "We're having trouble connecting." The offline installer does work.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Joshua,

Please try rebooting your computer and running the installer once more. If that doesn't work, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate. 

Andrea Blasko

I am having the same problem trying to install Aurora 2019. I am running Windows 10 64 bit. I have disabled my antivirus and rebooted - same error message about "we're having trouble connecting"

What are the next steps to get this installed?

Kirk Osborn

Please try using this alternative installer:

https://downloads.skylum.com/aurorahdr/win/1.0.0/AuroraHDR_Setup_Offline.exe 

Please sign in to leave a comment.