Exporting in Luminar 4 file with it’s filters to edit on another computer

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Thomas Aumüller

The workaround would be to save your edit as a preset, export it and import it to your other computer.

I am not saying, this is a good way to do this. But it's the only one I can think of.

Same problem even on the same computer: If you use the plugin for e.g. Lightroom, edit a picture, save it back to lightroom, you will never, ever be able to do the same edit again (to another picture or change something you did in the original edit), except you noted all your settings you did and redo them.

:-(

Comment actions Permalink
    David Trevino

Thank you Thomas, I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it seem it only somewhat works. Yes, it will apply the same look, but you lose all the individual layers and masks you had previously worked on which is a lot of work to repeat. So it seems that with this program you are stuck using it on only 1 computer and obligated to make daily backups or obligated to have it on the cloud (much slower alternative) because if your drive fails, your screwed :(. Pretty awful in my opinion.

Angela Andrieux

Hi David,

If you'll be moving between two computers (using the same operating system) often, I recommend keeping both your Luminar Library/Catalog folder and images on the same external drive. That way you'll be able to take that drive with you between your two machines to continue your edits.

Kevin Downey

Angela - I have been a loyal Skylum user for many years and this suggestion is just not a solution to anyone who has a large professional library. As an example, I'm on an assignment now in Colombia and must edit on my laptop. I'm only spending a short time on the updates as proofs as I will have to re-do them all when I return home because of this lack of export capability. I think this is something Skylum needs to take seriously for professional users and not just say take an external drive. I thought this capability with sidecar files was supposed to be a capability of Luminar 4.

Elena Blum

Hi Kevin,

Of course, you're right and I can understand you!

All our plans pertain to Luminar as a universal editing platform, so we'll be sure to consider implementing it in future releases. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.