V4 Luminar - Edit Workspace Usability

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Gus Panella

I am also finding how L4 turns off the layers above the selected layer in the stack a bit counter-intuitive.  This is especially a problem when working with interim BW adjustment layers.  For example, let's say the top layer is BW, and I I go to an earlier layer where I changed the brightness of the lower part of the image.  The image reverts back to color (as BW is turned off).

I guess a good work around may be to move layer order,  unfortunately I have not figured out how to do perform that move.

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Note: I did read the layers section of the online manual, but did not see any reference to this operation)

Comment actions Permalink
    Bill K

Skylum requested a video of the software bug and I sent it 21 days ago. No word from them yet.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bill,

What is the email address you used to contact support? I'll look up your ticket and reply ASAP.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Gus,

You can reorder layers via drag and drop. The only one that can't be moved is the base layer.

Bill K

Hi Angela - the support person's name on the email is Olha and her emial to me is dated Dec 10. I am not going to publish my email address on a public forum.

The bug I reported is when selecting a LUT, ALL prior adjustments (in all layers) are reset to default if no LUT is chosen.

Gus Panella

About drag and drop...

I was trying to grab the center of the tab and the right-side of the tab.  I stopped when I could not find any reference in the user guide.  Based on your response, I poked around and found tabs are selected near the left.  May be worth adding something about that to the user guide.  

Elena Blum

Hi Gus,

Thanks for your suggestion! We can forward it to a person in charge to be looking at how to best apply this to user guide.

Post is closed for comments.