Luminar 4 - HORRIBLE

Comments

16 comments

Luca Santirocco

8600k, 32gb, ssd nve, 4 x ssd, 1080ti

Only L4 doesn't runs properly because is L3 with glitter.

Comment actions Permalink
    Wilhelm Hienz

yes - and it is to slow... the same problems like luminar 3

andrew yale

Yes all updates have been installed including .net framework. Win 10. HP Envy x360. 8GB RAM. Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2000 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors.

Michael Rodwell

funny how they have pushed all of our problem posts to page 2 now!

andrew yale

HEY CUSTOMER SERVICE--- IN CASE YOU'RE READING THESE POSTS, I'VE DISPUTED THE $79 CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD. I WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN HAPPY TO TALK WITH YOU AND FIGURE OUT WHY LUMINAR 4 WON'T RUN ON MY PC, BUT YOU CHOSE TO NOT RESPOND TO MY EMAILS.  AND YOU DON'T HAVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER. THEREFORE, I REFUSE TO PAY FOR THIS AND I REFUSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE.

andrew yale

It's actually less than 2 years old.

Joe Mcdonald

LOL the buyers here have become the Unit and Regression Testers for Skylum

I sent in a refund request every day for the last three days without a response! 

What is going on?

Roy Blackwell

@Mike: They are very very busy I am quite certain. If you ask for a refund, you will get one. Give them some time is my recommendation.

Joe Mcdonald

Mike, No one is ever to busy, if the Skylum people are concerned and want to help you then they will find the time and make the time - its really that simple.

Michael Rodwell

i got a refund for luminar 3, 2 days ago. they must be working through each request.

Okay guys, I just got an email confirming the refund being processed by Skylum. Hope any issues you are all having get resolved soon. But I'm outta here.

andrew yale

Yep, got my refund too. If they had worked a little harder on this maybe they wouldn't be having this problem in the first place.

Kate Williams

Hi Andrew,

At the moment, our support team is receiving quite a huge number of incoming requests. Therefore, it may take a bit longer than expected for us to process the tickets. Please note that we're doing our best to respond as soon as possible. 

As requested, we've processed your refund request right. However, we're ready to extend your trial and investigate the issue further. Please provide us with the information requested in the email. 

@Everyone, we have a separate thread dedicated to the discussion of crashes on Luminar 4. 

I invite you to join it via following this link: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006546319-Luminar-4-crashes 

Here's the information our team needs to properly investigate the issue:

- the detailed description of your workflow;

- the event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your email via support@skylum.com
    Roy Blackwell

I am not a technical expert and I am not Skylum support, but looking up your computer, it appears it could be as much as 10 years old. It seems to have an integrated graphics card which is not a great choice for an image editing app. I see that HP still sells this model but with an Intel I7 processor. Anyway, I hope a solution is found and you can get Luminar 4 to work on your system.

Roy Blackwell

What are your computer system specs? What OS? (Windows 7, 8 or 10). Do you have the latest OS updates, including the .Net framework?

Please sign in to leave a comment.