Luminar 4 won't install, and there is NO useful response from Luminar Support

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Roy Blackwell

Things to try:  a wifi hotspot at some nearby location, your phone's wifi hotpot feature, a VPN connection, or if your router has multiple connections, try a different one. I had issues when using my Verizon MiFi hotspot. Switched to my DSL router at home and all was good.

Comment actions Permalink
    Edmund Comber

Thanks but it should not require some Micky Mouse tricks to get an installer to work.  Every other piece of software I have ever had installs on my own PC connected to my own Home LAN/WiFi, via my ASUS router.  I should not have to expose my pc to the dangers of an open, public WiFi (and I can't do this anyway with my Desktop) in order to install a piece of software.  And if I did what about updates??

No, Skylum need to fix this properly, and fast, and the priority should be to answer us and tell us what is going on.

Alina Skylum

Hi,

Please, try using an alternate installer:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg

Edmund Comber

Alina, that is a Mac installer, I am Windows 10...........

Edmund Comber

@Roy Blackwell  

Your offline download installer link has worked, thank you.  Luminar 4 installed and activated!

Joe Mcdonald

More likely spyware issue

Edmund Comber

Absolutely NOT a spyware issue, unless Luminar 4 contains spyware!

Still not working on my desktop, just crashes on launch.

Vita Bergman

Hi Edmund!

Could you please send us event logs:

Reproduce the issue.
    Press the Windows logo key + R.
    Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    Click Application in the directory tree.
    In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    Name the file, save it, and attach it to your email for our support team support@skylum.com

John Petzko

Just finished building a new computer. New Windows 10 install.

Downloaded Aurora HDR 2019 and installed fine.  Downloaded Luminar 4 and it won't install. Downloaded the offline installer and it installed and activated. Edited a single picture and tried a preset and everything worked fine.  Tried Sky Replacement and when I clicked on a scene the program crashed and shut down. I then uninstalled the program and tried to reinstall from downloaded set up file.  Won't install. Since I have a license and paid for the program this is becoming a pain.  What can I do?

No malware - ran MalwareBytes just prior to installation. I

Victoria Grace

Hi John,

For us to have a deeper look into it, could you please send your hardware configuration to our support team support@skylum.com

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
      and attach this text file to your reply to this email.

Post is closed for comments.