Luminar 4: Focus Stacking and Panorama + HDR

Answered

Comments

26 comments

Roy Blackwell

There is no panorama stitching. HDR is handled by a separate Skylum app, Aurora HDR 2019.

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve La Madeleine

Thanks for the reply Roy.

So, no HDR, no Focus Stacking, no Panorama stitching in Luminar 4. Sky replacement as done by Luminar is a great achievement, but weighs very little in my workflow.

So, for now, Luminar 4 is not for me.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Steve,

Luminar 4 cannot do Focus Stacking, Pano stitching, or HDR at this time, but we do have these tools on our feature request list for our developers' consideration. Thanks for your feedback!

Michael Tilrico

I just want to stop by and give this a thumbs up  Focus Stacking, and Pano stitching very important features to me.  This is the only reason I still have to pay Adobe ;( 

Fabrizio Bertorino

Is there any trick in L4 for focus stacking?

Victoria Grace

Hi,

You may try to create an image layer and apply it to a specific area on your original image using the masking brush tool as a workaround. 

Bill G

Thanks for this thread. Focus stacking is a must have for me. I guess I'll have to subscribe to Adobe until I have other options

Pedro Pulido

agree. Focus stacking is a very needed feature! 

Carlo Ritter

I do agree. Focus stacking and Pano stitching are relevant functions.

jan ben

i sign for that too... Focus Stacking and Panorama stitching are missing, making me look/try other sw... i would rather prefer to stick with Luminar...

Kate Williams

Hi, 

Our plans for the nearest future do not comprise these features, however, I certainly see how they could come in handy. Thus, I've passed your feedback to our engineering team - we track such requests internally and will make sure to consider them for future development. 

Michael Tilrico

Kate, we understand these features are not in youre pipeline because there is a simular thread as this from 2 years ago. The reason we the community keep bringing this subject up is because we want it so we can rid ourselves of Adobe

Jari Hanhela

I also wish for getting easy HDR merging within the app, Focus Stacking and Panorama merging. I have been using Luminar 4 for only a while now but it's already a very impressive program. With these feature included, it could easily replace Lightroom in my workflow.

Fong Wallace

I would like to sign up for L4 as well, but without these features, I will hold that off until its available. Please let me know once its ready.

I'm really interested to know what other features are you guys focusing on while there're so many people is asking for these features?

Austin Miller

Hi Fong. We have plenty of tasks in our back-log and will keep the community updated!

Chester Adamik

I use Luminar 4 as a stand alone on my iMac. I agree with the above posters about the pano. Also can you please fix your print module. Right now I edit in Luminar 4 and export photo to a file on my desktop and import it into On1 to print. Please take a look at how simple On1 print module is and bring in something similar.

Ron Westmaas

I would also like to add a plea for focus stacking in Luminar. Please!

Scott Patterson

Any word on this?

Margaret Bright

Hi Scott,

At this time, we don't have plans to implement these features in the near future, but we are considering adding them someday. We will keep you informed.

jan ben

dear skylum, this is one of reasons i left luminar for lightroom+photoshop. i am fed up with repeating excuses/delays for several years. all the best, your former customer.

Norman Suchorzewski

1 Year ago - Angela Andrieux stated - "Luminar 4 cannot do Focus Stacking, Pano stitching, or HDR at this time, but we do have these tools on our feature request list for our developers' consideration. Thanks for your feedback!" -

Now you are saying - "At this time, we don't have plans to implement these features in the near future, but we are considering adding them someday. We will keep you informed." - 

Which one is it????? - How long is some day - can that be interpreted as "NEVER"

Are you just pushing AI and anyone who invested in Ver4

Margaret Bright

Hi Norman,

These features are on our list of requested ones, therefore we will consider implementing them someday. But we wouldn't want to promise to implement something soon when we know that it is not going to happen in the nearest future. Each request for these features is gathered and forwarded directly to our developers' team. And if or when they decide to implement these features to Luminar, you will be the first to know.

I would also like to kindly ask you to refrain from using profanity in your posts. We welcome discussion in this community and we are always ready to hear you out. But we do wish to keep this space free of offensive language, therefore I am forced to edit your comment. Hope for your understanding.

Norman Suchorzewski

Thank you for your reply.

I have no issue with you editing my comments to suit your needs. However, I do object to being misrepresented by accusing me of using profanity - which is not what I have been accused of -

Hope this helps. 

(Profanity is a socially offensive use of language, which may also be called cursing, cussing or swearing, cuss words (American English vernacular), curse words, swear words, bad words, dirty words, or expletives)

Kevin Giles

I have had Luminar 4 since release and use it occasionally - I really love some of its work-saving features but ... when I decided to do a focus stack today, I was horrified to find it was not present. Then I arrived here. I think a feature that has had this many requests over a couple of years should surely be included.

SO what did I do? I also have Affinity Photo. Guess what I found on the FILE menu...

New Focus Merge...

New HDR Image ...

New Panorama ...

I don't have anything to do with Affinity but these look like great features. SO In a few clicks, I had a very nice focus stacked (and aligned) image,

Just thought I'd let you know.

Andre Moreau

Hi Kevin,

Even ON1 has had Focus Stacking it for a few years now and it works great. A photo editing software that cannot do Focus Stacking, HDR and Panorama stiching is lacking to say the least..

One the the great selling points for Luminar has been its sky replacement feature. But, Photoshop and even Photoshop Elements now have it and most other photo editing software will have it sooner than later.

One photography trick nowadays is long exposure in direct sunlight without an ND filter: take a series of images of flowing water and assemble them in Affinity Photo or Photoshop. I don't know if Luminar 4 can do it but certainly not Luminar AI because they've removed Layers from it. Here's how it's done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8-iE8MpVjI

Alain Charabouska

For sure when some reasonable requests are not answered for a long time, and now Lunimar AI seems to be the announced death of Luminar 4, the risk for many users to go elsewhere is high.

I am thinking of it too for these reasons.

Thank you for giving us some hopes in the short time.

Please sign in to leave a comment.